General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

installed wheel spacers and removed moulding

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:25 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default installed wheel spacers and removed moulding

I installed some 1.25" spacers on the rear and removed the entire moulding off my blazer. Wheel well and side moulding.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:52 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Looks good. So where did you get those spacers and how much did they set you back?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Ebay.....$60 w/free shipping. Well, I didn't have a torque wrench, so another $75 to get one of those lol.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:05 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like you have 4 wheel disc brakes, do you?

Old 05-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Yeah, the fronts are the same as the back. Speaking of which, my front brakes are starting to squeal again, ugh! Last time I bought new pads, I put them in and I went to go to work the next day and no brakes at all. Turns out one of the pads was bent a little and in turn none of the brakes worked. Hope I get it right this time.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:18 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

So do the spacers just move your wheels/tires 1.25" outwards?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good!

Originally Posted by okvortec
So do the spacers just move your wheels/tires 1.25" outwards?
That's the idea.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 PM

It puts your rear tires in line with the front. Not sure if it improves steering or anything, but it looks a whole lot better! I would imagine it would lessen the possibility of a rollover since your tires are further out, I could never figure out why the rears tires were pushed in further than the front. It doesn't make sense to me.