General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Jack cover broke?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Beginning Member
CarThrower is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Jack cover broke?

I have a 4 door 2000 Blazer and the jack cover in the back just broke off one day while driving down a bumpy road. However, the little rubber fasteners aren't what's broken. They are actually in tip-top shape.

The piece that is broke is the mount itself. My first attempts at fixing it, I drilled 4 holes into the mount and screwed on a piece of metal for reinforcement. That seemed to have worked for about 6 months until the darn thing broke off again, but in a different spot. It's the same mount piece that broke, it just broke in a different fashion, if you will...

Then I have tried using epoxy glue and it seems to be holding off for now, but it doesn't look very promising for much longer.. I was wondering if any one has any advice on how to fix this properly. (IF it is in fact fixable.) I hate "ghetto rigging." Because eventually you will find yourself "ghetto rigging" everything and it just looks tacky.

I have attached photos to help understanding easier..

Attached Thumbnails Jack cover broke?-dsc06068.jpg   Jack cover broke?-dsc06069.jpg   Jack cover broke?-edit-dsc06068.jpg  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

looks like a trip to the scrapyard maybe....get a new one?
dont know how it comes off there

Old 01-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Beginning Member
CarThrower is on a distinguished road

I was thinking the same thing. The only way to really fix it would probably be to get a new one from the scrap yard.. But the piece that is broken is all one giant piece of the inside panel. I don't even know how to take it off..?

Old 01-09-2011, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

probably some clips and a couple of screws if its like anything else on these interiors.