General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Laptop to vehicle(blazer)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Laptop to vehicle(blazer)

I have never had any problems with AutoEnginuity software and I have been using it since v4.1. And yes, with the GM Enhancement package, you can access pretty much every system in the vehicle with bi-directional controls same as the Tech2 can. You cannot perform any program changes though. As far as cost, I don't think the cost has changed from when I bought it over 2 years ago to the cost it is now. If I remember correctly, it was somewhere around $400. If I had it to do over again, I would go for the whole Domestic package for $700.

For that, you'd be better off getting HPTuners.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Beginning Member
spiderx is an unknown quantity at this point

scott96, thanks Ill check that one out. Looks decent now to find out how much it can do.
swartlkk, thanks. That is way too much then what I thought it would be. Too pricey for me for right now.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I will say this about the price and I'll leave it at this. I have saved WELL over the $400 investment for myself alone due to having my AE scan tool over the past 2+ years. If you figure that all of the problems I have had that were beyond the bounds of generic OBD2 diagnosis... It only takes 5-6 such problems to exceed $400 in garage (be it dealership or your neighborhood mechanic with the capabilities) diagnostic fees. This is a simple case of you get what you pay for and if you have a use for it, it will pay for itself. A 2 year payback is phenomenal!