Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Swartikk needs a replacement laptop campaign

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Starting Member
marksoftball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swartikk needs a replacement laptop campaign

I am doing this on my own and starting a campaign to get swartikk a replacement
laptop. He does way too much for everybody, along with all the other moderators
who go out of there way to help a lot of people with problems. Anybody out there
who reads through these forums know how valuable Swartikk and the other moderators are.
I wish I knew how to do more. I don't post too much but I do come to this forum countless
times a week and gather valuable information to help myself out. Maybe some Computer
company employee who comes here can help. I am sure we can somehow
give back to the people who have helped so many.This is a start. Please pitch
in with any ideas.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the gesture, I really do! But this is not necessary.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:06 AM
S10CC is on a distinguished road

I wished I was still working becasue if I was, I would by him one myself. (Yes, I am 100% serious).

When I had my old Blazer (I never joined - because back then I wasn't into the whole internet forum thing) but none the less. I would almost bet that Swartikk probably (personally - just by reading his post and tech stuff, along with links) saved me somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 - 8 grand in labor and repair cost (just the estimates alone - were 1,200 to 2,400 at a time).

I am fairly decent at working on my own vehicles and have a pretty deep knowledge and understanding but the knowledge and techniqes from him and this site that I learned served me well and just the money saved and the self accomplishment I felt was very awesome.

Not to mention that I believe that because of the Blazer, swartlkk and doing it myself, I am a much better shade tree.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If I had any extra funds to send I'd be right there too. Unfortunately I don't think this time of year is easy on the pockets of anyone. I'm struggling just to get presets for my immediate family along with heating my home and paying all the regular bills. Winter isn't the easiest time for a lot of people, let alone xmas time.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Starting Member
marksoftball is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know what the legalities are, but I am willing to send a $10-$20 check in the form
of a donation to whoever would want to manage the fund. It would only take 50-75 good
hearted people to make this work efficiently. Somebody could then purchase a gift certificate from Best Buy and pass it on. I just feel that with all the good will and effort that Swarttik
and the other moderators perform that this is a meager payback for all the info they pass on.
This is just an idea. I don't personally know Swartikk and any of the other moderators but
they all seem like a bunch of humble good guys and I am sure they feel taken for granted
some of the time. I know it is hard times for a lot of people, I am fortunate at this time to have a job and lots of bills like others, but pitching in an extra twenty for this cause would
make me feel good. I am sure others think like me. I really respect this forum and all the great info and good will that comes from it. You guys save a lot of people time and money
with your valuable knowledge. Whatever becomes of this link I would like to say thanks
to all the moderators.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 AM
S10CC is on a distinguished road

That is a great idea (IMO) and I wish I could contribute. Especially, since I plan on getting an S10 - Crew Cab this next year and will be using the help again.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Again, I really appreciate the gesture everyone, but it just is not necessary. I was reminded of my bonus this morning when my wife and I were talking about things. It isn't going to cover the entire cost of the laptop, but it'll help. We typically do not plan uses for my bonus and just put it away for medical expenses, etc. This year we'll put it towards a new laptop.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Even I would like to help but the Blazer alimony payments are killing me. (He says believing he still has one! LOL) Then there is the question of exchange rates! LOL

Sorry to hear about it Kyle. It's like loosing a trusted old friend I'm sure!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:59 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marksoftball
I don't know what the legalities are, but I am willing to send a $10-$20 check in the form
of a donation to whoever would want to manage the fund. It would only take 50-75 good
hearted people to make this work efficiently. Somebody could then purchase a gift certificate from Best Buy and pass it on. I just feel that with all the good will and effort that Swarttik
and the other moderators perform that this is a meager payback for all the info they pass on.
This is just an idea. I don't personally know Swartikk and any of the other moderators but
they all seem like a bunch of humble good guys and I am sure they feel taken for granted
some of the time. I know it is hard times for a lot of people, I am fortunate at this time to have a job and lots of bills like others, but pitching in an extra twenty for this cause would
make me feel good. I am sure others think like me. I really respect this forum and all the great info and good will that comes from it. You guys save a lot of people time and money
with your valuable knowledge. Whatever becomes of this link I would like to say thanks
to all the moderators.
I would like to pitch in $20 if anyone could manage this [do a bank transfer]

Old 12-14-2009, 12:04 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Kyle really is an awesome dude! Thanks a million for all the time and work you put into this forum!!!