General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Leveling My Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member
kevinwfuchs is on a distinguished road
Question Leveling My Blazer

So today at work a coworker and I were talking about lift kits (body and suspension) and I was saying how I would like to put a 2-3 inch suspension lift on my blazer and he said how it is not worth it, but instead to level my blazer. He said all I have to do is turn the torsion key so they raise? I don't know much about lift kits or leveling kits. Anyone know what he means? Or have any comments about a lift or leveling kit?

Old 08-08-2015, 11:12 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Torsion key jack screws are meant to level a Blazer not to raise the chassis. By going outside the design limits many things go wrong. Those that raise that way dont care.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Beginning Member
kevinwfuchs is on a distinguished road

LeWhite...Hmm alright. So basically I can turn the torsion keys up to level out the front of my blazer? I'm not going to try and lift her with the torsion keys. But he said that if I would turn them up that the front of my blazer with level out the front and be even with the back. And then I could possibly get a little bigger sized tires. Is that true?

Old 08-09-2015, 12:52 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

True. Remember that on the blazer the part that rubs is the back of the fender well; that is at 3:00 and 9:00 from spindle position. So a lift will gain very little there. The widest rubs at the sway bar. I personally think you will have little problem with 30in tall and 9.5 wide or 245x70 with stock wheel offset. If you really want to level it right have the vehicle corner weighted. A cheap way is to jack the rear at the differental, measure to the middle. Level the front. Then jack the front with a socket in the middle, then level the rear with shims. Have fun/post pics!