General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Lift shackles and other fab work !!!!! Cheap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:55 AM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Lift shackles Offroad Bumpers! and other fab work !!!!! Cheap!!!

I am starting my own fabrication shop for some extra cash so i am going to make some Shackles for the members you will get a discount i was originally asking 75 but ill take 50 just for the members on here these are not cheaply made shackles they are 1/4 mild steel punched wholes and i can include the bolts for an extra 5 bucks for grade 8. Tell me if you want 1.5 lift or 2 inch or 4 inch i can do it all. i can even get it quoted on powder coating i can also make them so they have a support in the middle for an extra 5 bucks.

1.5 and 2 inch is $50
4 inch lift is $55
(sorry dealer priced steel went up which sucks)

im running some that i made without a support and they are a beast and dont flex or anything but if you want the support ill weld that up

i can also fab. up some custom parts to as long as you give me detail on what you want

please send me a message to kinter614@gmail.com or kinter6144@yahoo.com

Attached Thumbnails Lift shackles and other fab work !!!!! Cheap!!!-0718102103-00.jpg   Lift shackles and other fab work !!!!! Cheap!!!-0707102045-01.jpg   Lift shackles and other fab work !!!!! Cheap!!!-0707102045-00.jpg  

Last edited by kinter614; 01-28-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

What size shakles do you have on your ride?

Old 12-27-2010, 01:41 AM

2 inches over stock but i can do what ever you want personally max that i would do would be a 3 or 4 because anymore than that would make the leaf springs flat

Last edited by kinter614; 12-27-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Starting Member
mrshaneb is on a distinguished road

Dumb question, how high does the 4" shackles lift 4"s or a little less. Only reason I ask is with lowering blocks they may say four inches but it usually winds up being more like 3".

Thank you
Shane

Old 12-28-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by mrshaneb
Dumb question, how high does the 4" shackles lift 4"s or a little less. Only reason I ask is with lowering blocks they may say four inches but it usually winds up being more like 3".

Thank you
Shane
tell you the truth i really don't know the answer to that question but i know the 2 inch lift shackles give you more like a 1.5" lift depending on how your leaf springs are like mine are a little old they have 140000 on them so they are a lil saggy but it should give you between 3.5" to 4" but then again im just guessing but still thats alot of lift for shackles

i would recommend 2" lift shackles and then a add a leaf

Old 12-31-2010, 02:09 PM

Sorry for the price markup metal supplier marked up the price of bar stock so i had to just up the price 5 bucks no big deal greatly sorry for the inconvenience

Also i have access to a plasma cutter to cut out 16 gauge steel into many designs i am going to upload a pic of a project i made The pricing is variable on the size of the item

can also use the plasma to free hand cut up to 1/4 inch but might take longet for me to do since its normally used with the CNC table during the day

Last edited by kinter614; 01-04-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

A 2" shackle IE: a shackle that has the bolt holes 2" further apart than stock will only give about 1" of lift. Reason being is that you're only "lifting" half the leafspring. That also depends where the axle is situated in relation to the shackle. If the axle is closer to the lift shackle then you'll get more lift, opposite is true if it's further away from the lift shackle.
Something to keep in mind so you don't get dissapointed by thinking a 2" shackle will raise the saggy rear of our vehicles 2".
Also IMO, if you're using shackles to raise the rearend for lift, then thats OK. If you're using shackles to raise a sagging rear with worn out leafsprings then you're not really addressing the true situation, more of circumventing it.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-01-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rottidog
A 2" shackle IE: a shackle that has the bolt holes 2" further apart than stock will only give about 1" of lift. Reason being is that you're only "lifting" half the leafspring. That also depends where the axle is situated in relation to the shackle. If the axle is closer to the lift shackle then you'll get more lift, opposite is true if it's further away from the lift shackle.
Something to keep in mind so you don't get dissapointed by thinking a 2" shackle will raise the saggy rear of our vehicles 2".
Also IMO, if you're using shackles to raise the rearend for lift, then thats OK. If you're using shackles to raise a sagging rear with worn out leafsprings then you're not really addressing the true situation, more of circumventing it.
mines to lift the truck but today i had the local shop add a leaf and re curve my leafs :P

Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Awsome, you'll be happy you did.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Since the description for the 'For Sale' section specifically says 'Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!', this is being moved to the 'General Chat' section.*

Quick Reply: Lift shackles and other fab work !!!!! Cheap!!!