General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Looking at buying a Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Looking at buying a Blazer

$4000 CAD for a totaled and rebuilt vehicle is WAY TOO MUCH!! Run away and find something that has not been junked.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep looking, don't settle for one. There are a million blazers out there. I got my 95 with 103K miles in MINT condition for 2200 USD and my 98 2door(needed some interior work) with 114K for 2500USD. Also Im good friends with a shop that has a lift. I pay them $20 and we both look over the cars I buy. Be sure to check if the front end is lose and ask if the spider injectors/mani gasket/fuel pump has been done. Also check the coolant to see if its muddy/rusty.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Beginning Member
d666 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my 01 for 2900$ can with 240.000km highway km only and 1500$ in repairsand all receipt from day one.(got it from original owner)so keep lookin,for that money,you can find something really nice and even a zr2!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

i think it looks like its in great condition on the out side but also with 7k in damage what kind of damage. If its like 7k in damage as in new motor and tranny as most of the 7k and the rest in other minor crap then i would go for it but i would also talk to the seller and explain to him that it came up as a write of as you have said and try to talk him down 500.00 to 1000.00 and if you can or cant but still wanna buy it them make sure to take it for a test drive not a little test drive down a few blocks and back but take it on the highway and on some back roads that are a little bumpy and then let us know if anything you noticed that you think maybe bad and we can tell you if its normal for a blazer or not, i am not sure if you ever drove a blazer or not but they drive different then other vehicle's, I personally love the way blazers ride

Lets us know what happens either way we are one of the most helpful forum's if not the best

Old 02-27-2009, 11:29 PM
blazed101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot for the reply, man.

Im going tommorrow morning to look at it. My plan was to offer him 3200 and see what he thinks about it.

I'll definetly test drive it on the highway and the back roads to see what its like.

I went and looked at a few other late 90's Blazers, and theyre all selling for 5-8 thousand dollars, with pretty much the same amount of kilometers and not nearly as nice looking as the one I posted here(no running boards, hassurface rust, dents, scratches,and so on..)

I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Beginning Member
zokalr13 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah,get it-i wish mine was a write off -then i would drive it more aggressively!! my 96 is so mint, i hate to even take it up a logging road[which i do every day to walk SPOOKY]to get it dirty LOL- i have owned it for 6 months so far and its been fine -no probs -I recommend the BLAZER.. they go for around 5-6K for good older ones around here[okanagan]im concentrating on getting a dual-sport bike but after that im gonna do some tweaks to the truck like new plugs and wires,fix the drivers hinge,put onsome mud flaps,a bug deflector,free flow muffler,aw,prolly wont do anything at all,i usually dont put much $$ in vehicles only my bikes...............[:'(]theres a mint blazer for sale where i bought mine its at apple grove auto sales in KELOWNAcheck it out on line -buy that one !!!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:13 AM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

my dad bought mine year and half ago for $7900 us 99 had 66,000miles on it and was garaged for awhile. It had 1 owner never any accidents it was mint. My dads a mechanic so he checked everything out. The guy also had all the recipets from every oil change and inspection he ever got, hidden in the manual.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Be VERY cautious. Have it thoroughly inspected by a mechanic you trust. Frame damage is highly likely if it was in an accident. You need to know the extent of the damage and how well it was repaired. A vehicle that looks good on the outside often hides shoddy work underneath. That is definitely something you do not want to find out about after the fact.

We are just looking out for your best interests.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

that would be a shame if it does have frame damage being how great the out side looks

BTW swartlkk did i mention how great the new sig looks

Old 02-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

7k worth of damage sounds like frame damage to me... Even if the motor tranny etc were replaced why would they be replaced in an accident? If the motor got screwed, somehow the frame got bent, etc.

Listen, the deals are out there. I picked up my 99 for 1100.. The guy was asking 1300 and I knocked him down due to parts.. The reason he was listing it so low was because the spider was gone.. I guess he thought who ever would buy it would spend over a grand to get it fixed, while it cost me 200 bucks and a pie of pizza for my buddy at his shop..

Other then that, there were small things but easy fixes. I used the extra money I saved for my tires, rims, body lift, and a few other mods

The deals are out there... And the truck has like 140xxx miles on it...

[IMG]local://upfiles/14065/147B6CBF30584E18B301EB017AD32208.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Looking at buying a Blazer