General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

looking for a serious bumper........

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:50 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default looking for a serious bumper........

so i decided i'm gonna find a front bumper no matter what, or i'm just gonna "borrow" George's for a little while (ok, maybe a long while ).

while looking through some of my Diesel mag's, i came across this company, Buckstop Truckware. they seem to make awsome looking bumpers (front & rear) including winch plate bumpers. but alas, nothing for the "S" series (as usual).

so i fired off this letter to them, asking about possibilities for expanding their product lines.

"i noticed that while you make bumpers and such for the older Chevy trucks, it's only for the full size platform. since your company makes products for a wide range of makes, has your company ever looked into the mid-size SUV market? specifically i'm refering to the "S" series trucks from Chevy/GMC. but there is also the Dodge Durango, Ford Explorer, and earlier Nissan's & Toyota's.

i belong to a forum dedicated to the Blazer trucks made by Chevy (which include the GMC Jimmy & Olds Bravada), and there is a wide interest in finding a tuff-and functional-bumper for our trucks. i'm sure if your engineering & marketing departments looked into the mid-size market, they would be surprised with the response for such product. and a suggestion would be to include the older style S10 Blazer's, commonly refered to as "1st gen's" ('83-'94), as well as the next generation of S10 Blazer's, commonly refered to as "2nd gen's" ('95-'05).

thanks for your time, and making a great looking product."

i'll keep everyone updated on any/all responses fromthem. who knows, maybe it might open up a new market.

anyone with a K5 has it made (as uaual). i found these here that looked pretty cool.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

i think im gonna have to end up getting 1 custom made..

Old 12-25-2009, 02:01 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brian_D
i think im gonna have to end up getting 1 custom made..
if you got the time, tools, and skill it would be a good idea. those bumpers are awesome but for 1500 bucks for the cheapest one ill pass. ive always been about function. i wanna push stuff with my bumper not worry about scratching it

the one i got my truck was home made by someone else, bought it off him when he changed trucks

Old 12-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Starting Member
GeorgesBlazah is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy mine

Old 12-27-2009, 01:19 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm a pipe fitter and a welder for living. i've got tools and i'll make my own when given the spare time and money to do so. probably save a ton of money.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:06 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by abig84
if you got the time, tools, and skill it would be a good idea. those bumpers are awesome but for 1500 bucks for the cheapest one ill pass. ive always been about function. i wanna push stuff with my bumper not worry about scratching it
$1500?

i didn't even see that!

yeah, i guess i'm going the home built route too then. 'cause like you said, a pretty bumper is gonna be the first thing to fail when you need it.

hell, look what happens to the stock crap on our trucks.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:38 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

yeah, my plan is to make my own this winter. If it goes well and there is enough intrest maybe I will make a few more for those interested.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Beginning Member
Ga_Mar is an unknown quantity at this point

Any body know if the bumpers for jeeps look good on gen 2s? I think they would, but I dont know if the dimensions are close enough for it to work.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:35 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I saw a road armor bumper parked out front the Walmart today. It was on a big huge Excursion that was painted in undercoating lol.
I'd love to have this style bumper on my truck too, but from what I can see it's going to be a custom built one.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

come up with a design and measurments i can fab something up lol but not sure for how much, i'm going to be building a custom job based off of Blazen Off-roads bumper design, as i can't stomach spending $700 for a bumper... lol