General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Maintenance plans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maintenance plans?

Hey All,
Last spring I rebuilt my tranny on my 2000 S10-Blazer.
This year I gave it a complete tune up, radiator flush, replaced the rear brake pads and rotors, replaced the front brake pads,rotors,calipers and hoses as well. New battery,starter,fuel pressure regulator,andpassenger side bearing assemble and CV shaft. Plus I cut off the restrictor on the butterfly, seafoamed the intake via the brake booster, cleaned all the carbon around each fuel injector nosel, cleaned the EGR, and ran about 4 cans of seafoam through the gas tank. Been a busy spring, and expensive. However the truck is 7 years old,has 140,000 miles on her, and should be all set for another 4 years or so. Later this summerI plan on draining 4 quarts of tranny fluid (via the drain plug I put in last year) and topping off, andreplace the factory muffler with a glasspack. Then next spring I plan toreplace all 4 ball joints (still factory originals),replace teh drivers side hub assembly and CV shaft with aChevy 10 bolt or Dana 44 front axle.

What are your maintenance plans this year?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Maintenance plans?

Nothing to speak of for the blazer, but the wrangler is getting new tie rod ends, ball joints, front sway bar, new dual shock steering stabalizer, tranny and tcase flush and fill, rad flush and fill, and new water pump. I think thats all, but that prob gng to be happening in next month. Everything is original and the Jeep has 114k on it. Prob putting a new clutch in it, and adding another coat or rhino in the tub

Old 06-05-2007, 04:59 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a fuel filter sitting in my parents garage, next weekend or the following weekend I will replace it, since I have no garage here. Other than that just anything that breaks, hopefully nothing does. *knocks on wood*

Old 06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

Well for myself I gotta do something about my brakes, and by the end of the year I'll need new tires. And I think an oil change and such is imminent, gonna do that as soon as my first paycheck from the new job rolls in. Hopefully nothing else will need repairing until I can afford it, LOL.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I plan on doing the brakes soon... Probably going to upgrade to slotted/cryo treated rotors...

Extending all the vent lines for the front/rear diffs, and transmission...

And Hanr, make sure you do a write up for the solid axle swap! lol

Old 06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
vagnozzi is an unknown quantity at this point

drperry, check out the drilled rotors that NAPA sells, they're painted black too and are really really nice, a bit expensive at $100/each, but well worth it IMHO.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Drilled rotors aren't the safest things on the road... They can crack/warp easilly due to heat build up...Slotted rotors are much safer, and work just as well...

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I have just completed a spark plugs and wire tune up. In a month I have to change oil and rotate tires. Then in the fall I plan on replacing the shocks (maybe a lift ) and definately some 30x9.5 BFG All terrains (I go to school in the UP I definatley got snow). Eventually an exhaust system/muffler replacement, maybe a distributor cap and rotor and coil, and in a year the front brakes.

-Lenny

Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: drperry
And Hanr, make sure you do a write up for the solid axle swap! lol
You gotit. [8D]

Glad to see some maintenance plans are on the agenda.
Sometimes cleaning the brake slide pins, and where the pads slidemake a world of difference on the brakes. Especially if you add newbrake grease.

Rotating the tires will make them last longer.