General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New Lift Plans

Old 04-30-2006, 09:08 PM
LeigerReign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Lift Plans

Okay, So I've decided 4inches of lift is simply not enough for my truck. Yeah, its beefy....but its nothing special. So Ive decided to go for 7 inches of lift all around. Hopfully the rear wont "sag" on me.

I think I will settle for 7inches in the front and back. This would mean 6 inch springs all around and 1 inch add-a-leaves for both axles. This would make the suspension equal in the front and rear. This is a cheap easy solution and later down the road I could always make 1 inch blocks for the rear and get bigger shackles for the front IF I needed to get a little more tire clearance. Ive started pricing the project up and Ive come to a standstill. THE PINION!!! With 7 inches of lift on the rear, will my pinion need to be corrected??? If I have to put shims in the get the angle correct, then so be it.....but Id rather not go messing around with my pinion.

This will be the first time Ive attempted a big lift such as this. Another issue is the swaybar. It needs to be corrected when lifted. The Off Road Design swaybar disconnect/correction kit is fairly affordable for myself and it the site says it adjusts the swaybar 2 inches for a trucks with lifts. I have no idea how much correction I will need. Will this kit be enough?

So heres what Ive got in my budget for the project:

FRONT
6 Inch Springs for Front $245
1 Inch Add a Leaves in Front = $40
Steering Arm = $72

REAR
6 Inch Springs= $350
1 Inch Add a Leaves= $40

Questionable: Sway Bar Correction Kit??? ($95)...bushings ($19)

Total= $740
Total With Swaybar Kit= $854

So I pretty much am asking for advice. IF you think this will be a good setup, let me know. If the 1inch add a leaves wont really do much with 6inch springs, let me know. Like I said, Ive never done this before so all advice is welcome.

Thanks for your time!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: New Lift Plans

Dude that is HIGH as crap! I really dont know much bout lift stuff but I can't wait to see this take place! I can ask the guy in my club who lifted him k1500 bout that kinda stuff tho

Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 AM

im from maryland as well, i posted a reply about the maryland club today.....PM me the info, ill get in on that
Thanks

Old 05-01-2006, 02:05 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

So your going to lift a full size Blazer, right???? I hope so, cuase your plan won't work on a S10.

If you go 7" you may need new driveshafts, front and back. You may have to change your pinion angles, front and back or go with double cardigan driveshafts, front and back to eliminate driveshaft virbrations.

Keep us posted....

Old 05-01-2006, 04:28 PM
mtncrsr is an unknown quantity at this point

what your tire size going to be. drive shaft changes headed your way also.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:43 PM

Hey!

I have a full size blazer, not an S-10. So the front axles are solid. I have 35x12.5 R15 ProComp XTerrain tires on right now, when I buy new wheels I plan on stepping up to 37x13.5 R16 tires. So yeah, I know Im going to need longer driveshafts, Ill prolly go with a 1 ton CV or maybe Ill just fab one up myself. I still have a question about the pinion angle. If I go with longer driveshafts will I need to change my pinion angle? Next, the swaybar. Will the ORD kit work? Thanks for the help in advance, you guys are always there to help a kid like me out!

Old 05-01-2006, 11:41 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You won't need to change the pinion angle if you go with double cardigan style axles.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:43 PM

Okay so Im going to buy a 1-ton CV driveshaft from High ANgle Driveline. Its this one

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ft/index5.html

featured in the pirate 4x4 article. It extends length so I dont need to buy one for the exact fit, so I can opt to lower my truck in the future or raise it more. Does anyone have any knowledge of Tuff Country suspension lifts and SuperLift suspension lifts? Which would provide the best performance for the cost? To compare, the tuff country 6 inch lift kit with steering arm and 1inch add-a-leaves will cost $740. The Superlift 6inch kit alone costs $740, Without a steering arm or 1 inch add-a-leaves. Does the superlift suspension outperform the tuff country? This would be great information to know. Thanks again