General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Making Changes

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

2dr ZR2, close enough. But I feel ya on the lossing mpgs on the highway, at 80mph I only get 16mpg, and thats with 3.73s.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:55 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Got it done today...Warning, I took some pictures.

How I did it the easy way in the tight places:

Finished Product:

Lots more room

Everything works like it was a factory install. Swings shut without lifting it, plenty sturdy, and the wiper arm clears it. I didn't install one of the bolts. I'm sure the observant among you will spot it. I really don't think it's necessary and am seriously considering just gluing the bolt in place for aesthetics and to keep water out of the hole I drilled...I believe I have now created a 4-door ZR-2 wanna-be lol.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Now you just need flares.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Haha, I'll pass. If it doesn't benefit off-road performance or convenience it usually doesn't find it's way to my Blazer. Although they do look pretty sweet.

Next on the list is an oil filter relocation. Should be pretty straight forward.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:07 PM

I have decided to try the oil cooler line delete in the near future. So I went out and bought what I have read I will need:

-GM# 14081300 (oil filter adapter)
-Fram# PH3387A (Oil filter)

Here they are threaded up:

Last edited by BlaziNator; 04-18-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 PM

Welp, oil filter relocation is still on hold until it's oil change time. Today I replaced my factory craptastic constantly breaking mirrors with the newer versions. Straight bolt on. $100 for the pair at autozone.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Be sure to post how the oil line delete works out. It is defiantly something I would be interested in!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 AM

I'm at a crossroads...I have everything to do the oil line delete and it's time to change my oil. However, I'm very seriously considering selling the Blazinator. :c With gas $3.40 per gallon in my area, 17 MPG isn't cutting it. I am very seriously considering parting with the ole gal and possibly getting something akin to a 4-door Suzuki Sidekick. I've seen a few on the trails and have been pretty impressed with their performance. And at 24 MPG, I can deal with the obvious drawbacks. It's still up in the air, but something has got to give. Thoughts?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:41 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Gas is 3.50 or more near me and I get a little over 14 MPG in mine. Still keeping it.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

First off let me say your Blazer is one of the most badass looking streetable trail rigs I've ever seen. But, I totally understand the gas mileage being a gouger. Thats why at the end of the year I'm either going to do a more fuel efficient engine swap into the Blazer, or put a down payment on a Jetta TDI.

Quick Reply: Making Changes