General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

mileage problem.......rant

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: mileage problem.......rant

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

If you really need to feel better about your gas milage, I could tell you what I get! [sm=boohoo.gif]

My super swampers are pretty noisy til they get warm, then they're not to bad as long as the tunes are cranked.
i agree loud music is the solution for every thing! lol jk but ya i got a 94 and i only get bout 17-18 mpg and i'm half in city half on hwy on my commute to school and work. and ya it depends a lot on the conditions that ur driving and how hard u drive i tend to drive a lil harder that i should lol

Old 01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in the same boat. My milage when I drive on the highway a lot I usually get 16. If I drive at a constant 60 for 100 miles or so I can get better. One time I got 24 and that was driving 30 miles at 55 and then filling up. I recently moved to town and only get on the highway on weekends when going Ice Fishing. I get 12 now. Fuel filter and replaceing the plugs, wires, rotor have all been replaced in the last few months.

I should have bought a Full Size Pickup, I bought the Blazer because I thought I could do better than a pickup. If Im going to get the same mileage as a full size I would rather have the space and more power.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

The problem is when everybody and their brother only states what they get for mileage with no mention of the conditions, etc and doesn't offer up any advice. Sooner or later, the original intent is completely lost.
that was my point. we get numbers and no answers

Old 01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member
Superpoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, here comes my .02. I have a 99 Trailblazer 4x4 so it has all kinds of crap on it. Skid plates, that automatic A/C, auto 4x4, sunroof and so on. I live in Tucson AZ so temps range from around 36 F to 115ish. In city driving it doesn't get over 60 mph. Yes, I exceed the posted speed limits on large roads but usually stay around 45!! I don't stomp the pedal hard unless i need to and i usually score around 14.8 in the winter and 15.1 in the summer average. And the summer is with the A/C blowing!!!!!! Tucson is decently flat, no really big hills where i drive. On the highway the usual trip is here to Albuquerque NM and back. Through AZ and until i hit I-25 to turn North to ABQ I can get anywhere from 19 even to 19.3 MPG. This part of the route through the southern parts of the two states is decenly flat as well. North on I-25 is lots of hills and pretty steep grades in places and i still usually knock down 17.9 to 18.7 MPG. All highway driving is done between 78 and 83 MPH. I get these numbers not only from the trip computer in my overhead, but also from doing the math at fill-ups. Also, the highway trips are done loaded with me, the wife and child and luggage for all!!!! The motor has 107K plus on it. I change the oil and filter regularly, changed the plugs and wires in 06 when i bought it, use mid grade fuel and have a volant CAI and turbo muffler. I run BFG A/T KO tires on the stock rims. I'm happy with the mileage i get in it, and the 20k plus miles we have put on it in the 18 months we have owned it have been trouble free. Not sure why you get less, maybe the pressure altitude and temps where you live? Not sure, but if you find a way to get more MPG out of yours please let me know.

Superpoo