General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

just a lil rant

Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default just a lil rant

maybe its just me, but i think it makes no sense to NOT replace the trans filter when u get a flush it just makes no sense to flush out all the junk and then re-use the 54,000mi+ old filter, i had to request a filter change when i scheduled my appointment idk to me it seems like changing the oil then reusing the oil filter.

btw, the flush along with an alignment is set for monday so ill be sure to update on the hopefully positive results of the flush.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:34 AM
quik1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: just a lil rant

i agree wholeheartedly, if you are going do something do it right.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:38 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

and u would think if they(the dealer) werent going to change the filter theyd atleast ask or suggest getting a new one

Old 02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When you think about what actually gets into an automatic transmission filter, you realize that it is not really necessary to change out the filter. It is not like an engine oil filter which must filter out outside contaminants carried in through the incoming air or byproducts of combustion along with internal wear particles. A transmission is a sealed unit so you only have to deal with internal wear items. If these wear items have degraded to the point where they have plugged up the filter, changing the filter is the worst of your worries as you transmission is only living on borrowed time.