General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Beginning Member
farleyeod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mirror

I have heated mirrors on either side of my 2000 Blazer, and one of them turns blue anytime they're turned on. The passenger side remains normal colored, but the rear view mirror has a blue hue to it as well. I was just wondering what might be the explanation for this.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:39 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Mirror

hrm..never seen that on my blazer..but my '01 range rover has auto-dimming mirrors and they tint blue to cut down the glare. do they only have the blue tint at night or during the day too?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, sounds like a malfunctioning auto-dimmer. I believe this is all controlled by the sensors in the rear view mirror.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Beginning Member

Are the side mirrors auto dimming as well?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There was an available driver's side dimmer option.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:48 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Sounds like the drivers side and the rearview mirror are auto dimming. That color is pretty normal on my rearview mirror which still works fine, it just depends on the amount of light coming into the sensor. You can turn off the feature by pressing the off/auto button on the rearview mirror.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Administrator

If the rear view mirror is operating normally, then it is possible that either the driver's mirror has malfunctioned or that there is a wiring problem to the driver's mirror. To diagnose further, I would pull off the door panel and disconnect the mirror. If it returns to normal, then there is either a wiring problem, or a problem with the rear view mirror telling the driver's one to dim unnecessarily.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Beginning Member

I'm not quite as **** about my vehicles as I have been in the past, so I don't think that I'm going digging into this much farther. I mean, I can see fine, and the blazer will never be a show truck. The color change on the driver's side and not the other did make me curious. Thanks for the info!