General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

mods!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Beginning Member
24cito24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mods!

where can i find a skid plate for the complete bottom of my 00 jimmy??
can any one help me i need to know if i need new shocks or leafs it sags a lot in the back

Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

The leafs are what holds the back up. The shocks are really "spring dampeners." So if it's sagging, you need new leafs, or at least an add-a-leaf. I'm having the same problem with mine.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

You won't be able to find a skid for the entire bottom of your truck. The best thing to do is search the parts yards and hope you find some blazers that came with them factory. They came in aluminum which I prefer or they also came in carbon fiber on the zr2's I believe. I have a total of 4 on my truck 1. front of the motor 2. under the motor 3. under the transfer case and 4. I have one around my entire gas tank as well. The only way you will get one under the entire truck is some serious fab work and I don't really think its neccesary for the entire truck to be covered. I would also be concerned about airflow for the motor if the entire bottom of my truck was covered. Alot of us wheel pretty hard and don't have issues. What are your intentions with the truck? As for the rear sagging thats pretty common among these trucks easist way is to us a AAL or just swap in some new leaves but that will cost a bit more.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you and my intentions are to beat my friends jeep 95 xj... And I will do just part slide plates and how can I get more torque??

Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

you can find most of your answers using the search feature the forum provides.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Get or build some rock sliders, then go to the yards and pick up the aluminum skid plates. the oil pan skid plate is almost the same on a first gen (i have one on my second gen blazer) so its pretty easy to find those. The transmission skid plate from first gen also works with a small amount of customization.

And the 4.3 has plenty of torque for a blazer... why do you feel you need more?

Old 09-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Beginning Member

he said he jeep will beat me in a race and off road so we race and he got me off the line every time, i jut got the supper 44 so i cant wait to put it in

Old 09-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Blazers aren't fast!!! Who cares if he beats you in a race its not a race car.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

this adds 100 HP

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOURS-CAN-GO...60832157098%26

Racing in my opinion is just childish.. AND EVERY make and model has its limits.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Yeah the 4.0 I6 has more torque than the 4.3, but next time tell him you want to do a rolling start race. You will win.. Ive had a 30-60 race with two jeeps and won both times. (tried to pass me and got shut down lol, thats dangerous tho never do it)

But the best mod you can do is get your PCM tuned from either PCMforless.com or wait4meperformance.com. wait 4 me is like 170$ for a new tuned PCM or about 80$ if you want to send yours out to get tuned. idk about pcm for less. I got a "new" PCM from W4M performance and i love it. i beat a stock blazer off the line by quite a bit. (before i had 31's )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mods!