General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

must do mod!

Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member
zokalr13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default must do mod!

Gotmy 96 BLAZER re-juiced with GREEN [:'(] rad fluid today..flushed out all that cruddy muddy krud DEX and now can sleep tonight in -15 temps[im in kelowna,CANADA,BTW]...if you havent done this...DO IT!! i think i will have to back flush my heater core this spring just to clear out the krudd..thanks BLAZER FORUM for the heads up on this!! BTW,i dig this truck-hope there is a BAIL-OUT!!

Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: must do mod!

I don't want this to turn into another 'DexCool' thread, just wondering how long it was in your cooling system?

Old 12-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Beginning Member
zokalr13 is an unknown quantity at this point

GOD knows..the technician showed me the fluid with all those particles..im guessing not ever changed ..it was professionaly flushed for 20 min and new fluid added..i will make a note of my rad fluid from now on as i never had a DEX /cool engine to worry about..i never worried about coolant until i joined this forum, nowi could work for PRESTONE....[X(]like i said ,dont run this stuff ..anyway, we in CANADA hope and pray for a resolution to your BIG 3 AUTO kerfuffle..i dont want to sell my BLAZER for a HYUNDAI santa-fay!!!LOL

Old 12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Dex-cool is not bad...in a proper system. Unfortunately, it needs to be an air tight system, which our 4.3s are not. I changed out the water pump on my wife's LS1 and the system was pristine. Even so, I changed over to the green stuff in her car. My dad's Z71 has over 200K miles on it and the system is still clean.

Again, it's not that Dex-cool is bad stuff, it just needs a very, very air tight system.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we already have a dexcool thread... But just so everyone knows, many of the mainstream coolants now available are the same EG type that Dexcool is, with the small differences being in the additive packages. But that is covered at the end of the dexcool thread.

As far as the bail out is concerned, the best thing that could happen for the big 3 is for them to go through bankrupcy. That is my opinion anyway and I will leave it at that.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I'm with you Kyle. I think some serious restructuring and changes are needed in Detroit...

As for the coolant, I definitely feel more at ease with non-dex cool, but I just had bad luck with mine (rad leak = bad for dexcool). It is amazing if your system is in a state of neglect, just how much chunky nasty comes out in the flush...

Old 12-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

I was Bouncing around (as best I could stock) this summer and popped the right side Radiator plastic.

not pretty....
had it all cleaned out and replaced with clean new dexcool
its simply a matter of maintenance.

98 4.3l S-10 (Street meat) ran 140K on the same dexcool, never clotted.