General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Must replace 2002 Blazer (sigh...)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:15 AM
jvallee is on a distinguished road
Default Must replace 2002 Blazer (sigh...)

As much as it pains me, it's time to replace my beloved (and second) Blazer.
I haul lots of stuff - never had a human passenger in the back seat so the fold flat back seat option is IMPORTANT.
I have top of the line 4wdLS leather interior. I love the info display on the map lights.
Have been looking at 2008 Explorers (XLT and Eddie Bauer) and 2008 Honda PIlots 40K aprox miles.
These are the only 2 I have found where the back seats fold truly flat. Anyone know of any others that do?
(trailblazer/pathfinder/envoy/traverse/escape do not!)

Old 08-06-2011, 09:53 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

First: Prepare to take HEAT!
- I'm a Ford guy in a Chevy GM area and with family full of GM retirees, so I know.

Remember for creature comforts, you're also looking at Mountaineers. Some 'civilians' may sell their mountaineer cheaper because others dont know they're an 'explorer PLUS' and wont bid.
-
First thing to do is find an Explorer forum* and find out what the problems are with that series, like I did with my Bravada.
Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts "Serious Explorations"®

Finger in the wind - wise you're probably looking at a good time to buy.. folks are getting scared because of fuel prices and prices are dropping. That is, unless you're looking for an Escape, Milan or Mazda Tribute... %$##%$

* I dont know if a Honda forum is a reliable source of info. Remember the only forum you can trust has lots of users and is 'technical', like Blazerforum.
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Also Honda owners tend to be even more self-justifying than even 'Chebby-lovers'.. there, I said it. So you're much more likely to get to the true facts, the bigger the forum is. Like this one.

Bottom line, though.. even if those Hondas are built in the US, I dont like sending the Profit money to Japan. Unless the badge and assy plant is a money loser for Corp HQ, then it's okay.

__________________________________________________ ____

Last edited by pettyfog; 08-06-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:30 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pettyfog
First: Prepare to take HEAT!

__________________________________________________ ____
not a bad idea

i wouldn't get rid of the truck just cause your back seat

I dont know its hard for me to let things go like that .

Old 08-07-2011, 12:44 PM
jvallee is on a distinguished road
Default Not a bad idea indeed!

I will go back to the drawing board for evaluating my beloved Blazer replacement now that I have this idea. Thanks!
This will be a tough choice. Escape is still small and Explorer's mpg is not much better than the Blazer...
Honda Pilot was nice but too rich for my wallet.
I like having 4wd but have only used it once so maybe I should rethink that as a requirement also...
Y'all have been very helpful! Any more suggestions for models to consider will be greatly appreciated!