General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My first ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: My first ticket!

It isn't really necessary to give a reason. To be honest, I don't think they care. I explained the situation (it was pretty funny) to the DA and in the letter to the court, but it really isn't necessary at all.

Don't forget to keep a copy of everything for yourself as well as mail all of the correspondance 'return reciept requested' through the USPS. This will ensure that you know all of it got where it was supposed to go and who signed for it.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

Im glad I dont live on the east coast, LOL. that point thing is rediculous.

ALWAYS go to court for anything even a parking ticket.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: DetroitMuscle

ALWAYS go to court for anything even a parking ticket.
Why?

Old 06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
JoesWheelin93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why?
IMO even if you know you were speeding it's worth a shot just because alot of cops around here dont even bother showing up to court for somthing like that, in which case your off the hook.
Parking tickets I dont know, I live in the country and have never had to worry about it.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: JoesWheelin93

Why?
IMO even if you know you were speeding it's worth a shot just because alot of cops around here dont even bother showing up to court for somthing like that, in which case your off the hook.
But if you do go and you end up getting the ticket you have to pay court costs too. On all of my tickets I have just paid them. I guess here if its 10 mph or less it wont affect your insurance, and when you get new insurance dont tell them about it. They will run your record. I just paid them all because I couldnt think of anyway to get out of them. Except one of them I should have but, I choose I could make more money working then to take the day off to go and fight a $80 ticket.

I've heard of a way to get off of a ticket is to request a jury trial. Most times they will just drop the charges. Ive never tried it.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Kyle has some good advice...I actualy don't have that much experience with tickets...I've never tried to fight the ones I got...my insurance never went up....but...I was also under my parent's insurance...I had 3 points on my license at one point...I haven't gotten a ticket in at least 6 years...but it is true...most cops don't show up in court for speeding violations...but it is a gamble....and as far as repoting the ticket to your insurance company...you don't have to....each company is different in the frequency they check driver's records......just learn to slow down I guess....tickets happen...

Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always take my tickets to court,there's always the chance of the officer not showing and if you are found guilty then they usally reduce the fine, so your actually saving money taking the ticket to court.

i.e. org. fine $260 you take it to court, reduced to $100 + $20 court cost you save $140