General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Napa Crapa

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road
Default Napa Crapa

Hey guys,

A little while back I did a tune-up with a Napa Premium cap and button. Less than 100 miles later, I am troubleshooting the engine and notice that the cap is already carboned up. A little later, I got a Napa PCV valve, and it buzzes at idle. I have always known Napa to be awesome, but I am about to go an hunt down some AC Delco stuff after this. Does Napa suck or did I just get a bad lot?

Regards,

Thomas

Old 12-09-2009, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

TBH I haven't had any problems with NAPA or their products until my last trip there (and last trip ever to this particular location). Anyway long story short, bought some parts took em home got ready to swap found that my brand new rotor was actually in worse shape than if i had pulled one from a junkyard. called them, went back to see the store manager, he said they check parts 100% and there's no way they mixed up a used part etc. in the end it was a sstruggle to get them to replace 1 for 1 a $14 part. after being called a liar i will not buy the next $1800 worth of crap this thing eats from them.... i am getting to know 2 cats behind the car quest counter now though...

not a reflection of NAPA as the location one town over is tip top...

Old 12-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Beginning Member
rbrace is on a distinguished road

someone probably bought the new rotor
and couldnt afford it and brought back
there old one and you bought it

Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of the manufacturers they use are now making parts in: The USA, Mexico, China and elsewhere all for the same part. Today picked up a front hub for my work truck, '05 Silverado, and was given a choice between two different hubs about $100.00 difference in price. Same manufacturer, same box, same part. One made in Mexico and one in China. The one made in Mexico was the more expensive BTW. Gotta know your NAPA Store, 'cuz they're independently owned and operated.