General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

need help fixing mirror please

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Beginning Member
1998 red blazer is on a distinguished road
Default need help fixing mirror please

Hey guys, my friend tried to mess with me by folding in my mirrors and flipping up the wipers and ended up breaking off my passenger mirror. Its hanging right now and i want to remove it until next weekend when i can go home and get it fixed.

My question is, without removing the door panel is it possible to remove the mirror. I can see the plug, i tried pinching it and pulling on it, but no luck.

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have to remove the door panel to get to the three nuts that hold the mirror onto the door.

You could always cut and tape up the wires...

Old 02-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member

If i cut the wires and tape them, then replace the entire mirror I would not be doing any damage right? I need to cut it above the plug right? also maybe a dumb question, but I cant get electrocuted right? thanks so much

Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There shouldn't be any power to the mirror unless you are moving it so you should be good there. Plus, 12V power doesn't hurt all that much! LOL

Just cut it off close to the mirror and you should be fine. Seal the ends up and tuck the wires back into the door.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

And then kick your friend in the pecker for that and tell him to open his wallet. You dont mess with a dudes ride. And once you pull a door panel off once its really hard to get it back on without having squeaks forever from it.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Beginning Member

okay thanks guys, I got the mirror off. Now I just wait for the new one to come in. Yea I was not happy about that phone call. Its just one more thing to worry about that is pointless, aka a problem that shouldn't be there lol. oh well, he is going to buy the new one. I hope the door doesn't't squeak a lot.