General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New Stuff..

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Beginning Member
smokeater126 is on a distinguished road
Default New Stuff..

so i am building a flag mount for the blazer for later this summer in the sand dunes. I found a peice of 3/4" wide steel in the back garage.. thick as all h*ll. so i took off one of the tow hooks and marked the points where the stock bolts run into the tow hooks.. i think i am going to drill a hole in the steel, weld a nut to fit the stock bolt (or maybe a new matching bolt/nut combo if nothing fits the tow hook bolt) and then mount my flag bracket right where the tow hook would normally go on the passenger side, then when im not in the dunes i can just take the flag mount off and tow hook back on. sound solid? any ideas? i am thinking of bedlining it after i get it all cut and welded and sanded.

i also just found a random chevy logo made of steel, the inside of the gold was all spotty and cracked on the inside but the outside finish was good.. so i taped off the chrome lining and sanded the gold inside, then painted it satin black from some engine paint i had laying around.. two coats later i think it looks pretty good... im gunna weld it to a hitch reciever i'll cut off a scrap bike rack and use that as my hitch cover... any more ideas for me? very soon i will be putting the new 31's on..

Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Beginning Member

no one? aight... well if it matters i just ordered my shackles from suspensionmax.com and they were only 47.95 with free shipping from L.A.. and the process begins..

Old 04-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Starting Member
Maestro is on a distinguished road

i made a hitch mounted flag pole for the 99 i had....basically welded together some square tube..drilled a hole for the linch pin...and welded in a round tube to set the actual pole in...used conduit for the pole...if i can find it around ill get u pix.....dont know if its exactly wat ur looking for but it is what it is

Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member

thanks, sorry for the super late response, but it has to be in the front for silver lake... i ended up making the bracket out of steel, drilled and tapped the holes, sanded, double primed, and painted with textured paint so it is veryyy much like bedliner... looks pretty sick, ill get a whole pick album up soon, and definatly again after the weeks trip to silver lake... once i get the shackles on and 31"s on ill b set