General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

newbie thats totally lost

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Cathy is on a distinguished road
Default newbie thats totally lost

im new blazer owner thats trying to get all info i can but not sure where to start help me .
1st i got a 2004 4x4 4 dr ls is it a s-10 or no ive been told to many things at auto store they got me confussed . is it a full size or mid?
2nd i want to put lights on top across the luggage rack bar where can i find them and what kind should i get?
also some of the black paint wore off my rack what do i need to get to fix it?
3rd i want to get a push bar with brush gaurd that goes across front or is it a bull gaurd im lost and what would i need for my blazer ? if anyone could exsplain this to me it would be great thankz
lost trying to learn

Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome.

All of the questions you have asked have been covered in other threads, if you search for some specific words you shoulder get tons of info.

>Your 04 is mid-size, the full size Blazers were in the 70's and 80's and a few tahoe-blazers in the early 90s....
>You can get lights at walmart or off the internet, anywhere really. Just your regular off road lights will work....
>Your luggage rack can be sanded down, primed and painted using bottled paint....
>Brush guards go all the way across the truck, just google for blazer brush guard and wa-la! they should come with all the nuts and bolts you'll need to install it.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:44 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cathy
...i got a 2004 4x4 4 dr ls is it a s-10 or no...
Yes, it is an S-10. They simply dropped that prefix in '95.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:43 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cathy
im new blazer owner thats trying to get all info i can but not sure where to start help me .
1st i got a 2004 4x4 4 dr ls is it a s-10 or no ive been told to many things at auto store they got me confussed . is it a full size or mid?
2nd i want to put lights on top across the luggage rack bar where can i find them and what kind should i get?
also some of the black paint wore off my rack what do i need to get to fix it?
3rd i want to get a push bar with brush gaurd that goes across front or is it a bull gaurd im lost and what would i need for my blazer ? if anyone could exsplain this to me it would be great thankz
lost trying to learn
Welcome!
1) Yes and no. Teh problem is not you, its GM. GM produced both a full size Blazer and a Mid sized Blazer during the 80' and 90's. The distinction is K5 for full size and S-10 for the mid sized. In the mid '90's GM dropped teh full size from the line-up and changed the S10-Blazer name ot Blazer. In the 2000's GM made another change to the S10/Blazer line and switched to the TrailBlazer, and the first couple years the TrailBlazer looks just like the Blazer. Depending on who your talking to depends on what you call your truck. The easiest way is to call it a S10 Blazer and list the year. Now if someone gives you crap, look em straight in the eye and say ITs technically a T10. T being the designation for 4x4. Most autoparts stores list it differently, if they say anything, look at em and say I dont care what your store calls it, its an S10/T10 Blazer. What your dealing with is some yahoo that doesnt know themselves, or they are jerking you around. OR you could say 2004 Blazer and if they ask you if its a mid or full size you reply they didnt make a fullsize in that year.

2) no idea.

3) Bull gaurd is a short piece of tubing that covers only the front center section of the front bumper. Im sure it has a use, however to me its mostly decoration.
Push bar covers the whole grill and generally protects the grill from deer and if you have the rubber push strips you can push disabled vehicles whitout damage to your truck or theres.
Brush guards attach to the Push Bar and the Brush gaurds protect the headlights from fallen trees and brush as you drive off-road, they can also help reduce the amount of damage done when you hit a deer.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:53 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hanr3
you could say 2004 Blazer and if they ask you if its a mid or full size you reply they didnt make a fullsize in that year.
The fullsize "Blazer" name was dropped in 1994 and re-named "Tahoe".

Last edited by bandidolenny; 06-22-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

welcome to the forum. I have a bull bar on my blazer. bandidolenny have a full brush gaurd. I got my roof lights at advance auto 100 watts blazer baja. $18 a light.

Last edited by Benedict1337; 06-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Beginning Member
CTYankee is on a distinguished road

I have a 2dr 2003 Blazer LS S-10 midsize {take your pick }. You can check it out to get some ideas from my garage photos, most of the parts should also fit your 4dr.

Understand though that many of these bars/lifts/lights can become quite expensive. Possible solutions if you are not handy with a welder (like me), is to look up a local welder who can prolly make a bull/push/brush guard much cheaper than buying retail. The final light bar for my roof is in the process of being made by a local shop, custom fit for my stock roof-rack and mounted to the existing bolts for less than $150. I have also seen the front bull bars made and they almost look like the retail one by Westin, for 1/2 the price.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Cathy is on a distinguished road

After weeks of this rollercoaster ride trying to get info and figure this out you guys did it .yall are good ,im so glad there is a blazer forum now i can get on doing my blazer now im past that herdle .thankz lots