General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Next mod arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:29 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Next mod arrived!

Wow, what a bunch of *dumb* neighbors. Can't wait till I get some of those, jk. My parents already do. The neighbors *complain* if the grass isnt cut or there are some dandilions(sp.) in the yard. Oh and if we park the boat trailer on the driveway for over 24 hours even on a weekend. Some people can just be real *pains*.

-Lenny

*EDITTED for language*

Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: drperry
He's also thesame one that TOLD me to wash my car, didn't ask...

And yelled at me for banging on the lexan back window on my S-10's canopy to clear the snow off, lol.
Wow, I'd tell the neighbor he needs to clean up his attitude before I clean up my car... sheesh. *language removed*
You'll like the DNA muffler... I don't know if they are much louder than FM, but I have heard good things. Are you going to do a direct replacement or will you replace any pipe? I would replace from the muffler back and make it 2.75in. pipe.

*EDITTED for language*

Old 07-06-2007, 04:32 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'm getting 2.5 from the muffler out, so it matches the size of the muffler...

I've heard how the DNA sounds on V8's and diesels, on the DNA website, and it does sound pretty good...

I'll definitely be getting sound clips after it's installed

Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

How much more flow does it have than the stock muffler (%)? The flowmaster has 40% more flow than stockand the recommended pipe size is 2.75. Anymuffler below40% flow recommends 2.5 inch pipe. or so I was told by Tony's Muffler...

Old 07-06-2007, 07:47 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking for a muffler myself, my Borla is ok, but now I want something louder, throatier. DNA or Flowmaster? Gonna be a tough decision.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:56 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking of neighbors. I have one that has a brand new Harley Davidson Nighsters with some Vance and Hines pipes and an older Buell. The Nightster is really loud and litterly shakes the mirror on my wall. But I dont care, I love the sound of Harleys with straight pipes. Pretty much any loud exhaust minus ricers I like.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:40 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: BLK85
Speaking of neighbors. I have one that has a brand new Harley Davidson Nighsters with some Vance and Hines pipes and an older Buell. The Nightster is really loud and litterly shakes the mirror on my wall. But I dont care, I love the sound of Harleys with straight pipes. Pretty much any loud exhaust minus ricers I like.
Agreed, as long as it sounds decent.

Oh and sorry about the language above, I found it funny that the forum automatically bleeped shi** but none of the stuff above.

-Lenny

Old 07-06-2007, 02:53 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

How much more flow does it have than the stock muffler (%)? The flowmaster has 40% more flow than stockand the recommended pipe size is 2.75. Anymuffler below40% flow recommends 2.5 inch pipe. or so I was told by Tony's Muffler...
Unless a system or muffler is made specifically for that setup, you can't really say "it flows 40% better than stock"

because every vehicle is different...

ORIGINAL: rabbit0102030

I've been looking for a muffler myself, my Borla is ok, but now I want something louder, throatier. DNA or Flowmaster? Gonna be a tough decision.
I'll make sure to get ya sound clips as soon as I get the beastie installed, lol.