General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

was not expecting this!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 05:43 PM
88jimmah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default was not expecting this!

Well I picked up some new plugs/wires/dist cap/rotor the other day from advanced auto's online site (found some good deals and they have free shipping over 50 bucks). Well I got to go ahead and pick the plugs up from the store as they were in stock so I figured today would be a good day to go ahead and stick em in.

Now I have read on the forum how much of a PITA it was to change them out...but I figured naaaah I wont have any issues...changed plenty of plugs in my day this wont be nothing. Never in my entire life have I had so much trouble doing something so simple LOL. The middle plug on the driver’s side is a freaking pain to remove!!

But the good news is that the old plugs all came out looking very very good. Obviously they were worn and were in need of replacement but they did not have a lot of carbon build up and had zero oil on them etc. etc. all of them were evenly worn.

The old plug wires were freaking toast, 4 of the 6 pretty much crumbled off in my hands as I pulled them off...so glad I got them off.

I did not get a chance to finish the job, got all but one of the new plugs in the rest will have to wait a few days. It started to rain and I was running late for work.

Well I guess im kind of rambling on here...Just felt like posting up.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 PM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: was not expecting this!

lol I know exactly how you feel. I noticed a buddy of mine actually cut out the board inserts that are in the wheel well between the wheel well and the engine just so it would be easier to get to his spark plugs. And since I noticed his (and quite a few others that had it done I did it as well.........never looked back lol.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:05 PM
88jimmah is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: aris_unlimited

lol I know exactly how you feel. I noticed a buddy of mine actually cut out the board inserts that are in the wheel well between the wheel well and the engine just so it would be easier to get to his spark plugs. And since I noticed his (and quite a few others that had it done I did it as well.........never looked back lol.
hehe mine were already cut or I would have in a heart beat

Old 08-13-2007, 06:42 AM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: aris_unlimited

Got a pic of this? I am going to have to look into that.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Beginning Member
green75 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had to cut mine out to. worked alot better. took the tires off to.that helped alot

Old 08-14-2007, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I told you so!
lol