General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The parts are rolling in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I've been throwing the idea of a PCM tune around in my head... I've contacted a company called MGS custome tune in Ontario with some questions about winter use and what not. I outline what I'm doing with the truck, what I want from the tune, the powertrain, etc.

They have an 87-93 "Dual octane tune"... it's a tune that will actually "detect the fuel octane level and optimize your performance for that to an extent" This is great if I decide to go do some bracket racing with it either this summer or next summer.

I'll update with the reply I get from them with a price and what not... I've also inquired about getting a 2nd PCM from them instead of having my OEM flashed, just in case lol.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:43 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i was wondering if there was someone in Ontario that did any custom tuning for out PCM's.

and i'm with you on wanting a 2nd PCM kept stock-that was the main reason i kept it from that '98 Jimmy i stripped last year. that way i can get one tuned for 31's, and have the power cranked up a little. then plug a stock one in for the factory tires in the Winter (have BN Winter tires), maybe be a little more conservative tune for the Winter months.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I got an email from him saying "no need for a 2nd PCM, if you sell the truck and want to go stock send it back and we'll reflash it to OEM for free".

They garauntee their tunes to work, or they'll retune it for no cost... I freakin hope so for 450bucks. I gotta think about this lol... They look pretty reputable IMO, looking at the pics of their shop, they also do custom exhaust work, but I don't know if I'd want an exhaust lol. I drove (and almost bought) an 06 Sierra with a magnaflow exhaust on it, and in the Regular Cab Shortbox truck, I couldn't hear myself thinking at certain RPM's, the resonance was just stupid. I liked it at first, but I started getting tired of it pretty quick, I'm worried that Edelbrock muffler I wanted would be like that.

Last edited by oktain; 05-05-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran

I got in touch with the local wrecking yard about door panels, and all the power accessories inside the door. He can probably do everything for around 300 bucks. THANK YOU! lol. I just need to know if the wiring is run from that interior fuse panel to the door pillar or not... if it is it's quite literally plug and play, if not I can get the harness too... but I can't see them making different harnesses for non-power trucks... doesn't make sense to me, but then again they needed a bail out too.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
KILRBLZR is on a distinguished road

I talked to wait4meperformance.com and Jesse quoted me 75 dollars for tuning my pcm, and 163 for a new pcm and i keep my stock one. Plus 13 dollars shipping...but man thats a deal. And as you stated its for both ocotane ratings.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran

Supposedly it detects the octane settings and adjusts for it. When I called him he was live tuning a 2010 Silverado lol. His shop is located just outside of Oshawa Ontario in Courtice.

I've still gotta think about this.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:36 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain
Supposedly it detects the octane settings and adjusts for it. When I called him he was live tuning a 2010 Silverado lol. His shop is located just outside of Oshawa Ontario in Courtice.

I've still gotta think about this.
Seriously! I though he was in the states for some reason! That is awesome. After my $3000 pay out for the Jimmy, I think I may grab one up. I'm gonna pay more for my HID kits lol

Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
I got in touch with the local wrecking yard about door panels, and all the power accessories inside the door. He can probably do everything for around 300 bucks. THANK YOU! lol. I just need to know if the wiring is run from that interior fuse panel to the door pillar or not... if it is it's quite literally plug and play, if not I can get the harness too... but I can't see them making different harnesses for non-power trucks... doesn't make sense to me, but then again they needed a bail out too.

Well today at lunch (I convinced my dad to carpool with ME instead of me carpool with HIM lol, we work together) I got some time and pulled the boot between the door and pillar back. GOOD NEWS! GM was smart and actually ran the harness INTO the door! I'm freakin stoked now lol, I'm trying to get a hold of the same guy I talked to at the auto wrecker's yesterday to tell him I don't need the harness, and I'll sneak out of work early today to go pick up the parts. I checked too, Brand New OEM from the dealer, is 300+ for just ONE power window regulator/motor... not even the arm and all that. I'm getting everything I need for that price.

*EDIT* after a call, the price will be $450 bucks for mirrors, locks, windows and interior door panels complete with switches for BOTH sides. SCORE lol. Stay tuned for the procedure on how to do the swap. I'm probably gonna make a Youtube video.

Last edited by oktain; 05-07-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:24 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

good score Pat.

and it's really not that difficult to do the swap. try making power door conversions (in a 1st gen Dime) and using 3 door panels to completely get rid of all the holes (for manual & power controls). but that's what happenes when you do custom installs.

just a little inside info for ya.......when you put the power regulators in, use a little blue Loctite (or green if you have that around) to make sure the nuts/bolts don't come loose for them.

or just do the rivits, if you have a gun big enough for that size (only my buddy @ the dealership had the big rivit gun).

Old 05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
BF Veteran

Well the parts are going back on Monday... and I`m picking up my 2006 GMC Sierra SLE with 31,050 km`s on it on Tuesday... traded the Blazer in on it... I`m sorta sad to see the Blazer go, but I`m super excited to be getting this new(er) truck.

I`ll probably post stuff here as I go with that truck, but I`ll probably be over on GMTF or a full size forum and popping in here once in a while. It`s been good lol.

Quick Reply: The parts are rolling in!