General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The parts are rolling in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:06 PM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I can't wait... it's not too expensive, and I'm planning on getting a "complete" CAI, instead of the single tube that repaces the airbox... After that, most likely a PCM tune, then I'll be done with performance mods.

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:53 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

When you get the new exhaust, Post a video! I like the way the SDT sounds on Blazers. I also want to do CAI and a PCM tune. Who are you looking at having the PCM done by?

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

"then I'll be done with performance mods."
sure you are lol
I felt the same way - cross drilled rotors, new MAF, 2" shackles & 1.5" TB crank, 33 x 12.5 pro comps on pro comp 98 series, CAI, single in dual out SS muffler... the list goes on & on & on ...
& whats worse is that everything you seem to do to enhance something leads to other "enhancements" &/or fixes

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:58 PM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Lol... well, I was thinking of putting a "Lock Right" in my rear diff to eliminate the damn "one wheelie peelie" I have going on...

Interior mods are coming though this summer... I've got a light bar with fog/driving lights in the works, so I'm going to get power window/lock motors, the door pannels to house the switches, and an overhead console out of a 4 dr and wire up my switches to the console. Maybe with some fancy "air plane" switches... you know, with the red cover?

Old 02-23-2010 | 10:00 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Lock rite's a good idea. I've been tossing that around in my head, too.

Old 03-07-2010 | 04:43 PM
|
BF Veteran

Well I finally installed my HID's (YAY!) but now I don't have any DRL's, which for us canucks (at least in Ontario) is ILLEGAL... Any ideas folks?

I'm thinking of getting cheap driving lights from Princess Auto and installing them behind my grille, and I'll just wire them up to the DRL power... But which wire/where should I hook it up to? Thanks.

And for the vultures: Pics will be up either tonight or tomorrow, I wanna get a good night shot of my 5000K's.

Old 03-07-2010 | 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Pics are a must!
As for the DRL situation you could just run with your park lights on all the time (one click up on the switch). Of course the one time you forget to do that you'll get pulled over for it lol. I'm not sure how the OPP are on it, but it's 0 tolerance down here and there's a pretty hefty fine that comes with not having DRL's (upwards of 200$)

Old 03-07-2010 | 06:22 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I heard of someone in here running HID's as high beams & they still have DRL's. Said it didn't effect the DRL's at all & they were fine.

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:08 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Run your low beams to the drl power?

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:57 PM
|
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I heard of someone in here running HID's as high beams & they still have DRL's. Said it didn't effect the DRL's at all & they were fine.
That's definitely not my situation... I wish it were.

And Alex, if I have to turn on my parking lights it won't pass mechanical, the DRL's HAVE to come on with the engine...

Quick Reply: The parts are rolling in!