General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

PITA Replacement Job

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:19 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PITA Replacement Job

I changed out my fuel filter today. The truck has 28,000 miles on it, so it was the first replacement filter. After jacking the left side up,scooting around under the frame rail, getting dripped on, putting the new filter in the holder backwards, I was really glad there were no leaks when I finished! Now I know why the dealer charges $70 to do the job (of course it's a lot easier for them). [:'(]

Old 09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: PITA Replacement Job

lol you think the fuel filter is bad? Wait until you change the transmission fluid! They dont have drain plugs, you have to disconnect the exhaust and unscrew like 12 bolts (each bolt will drip fluid). By the time you get done, it looks like you slaughtered a steer in your driveway. Then you have to scrape the gasket off of the tranmission while it is still dripping on you. Then you get to scrape the pan and clean the magnet which is covered in a metal/oil paste! Its fun! PS. Do it when after you have driven around for about half an hour...its fun when hot oil runs down your arm! lol really though, it sucks. Probobly the worst filter on th blazer to change.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I did my fuel filter with my truck straddling the ditch at my parents way back when I first bought my Bravada. All of the connections came off relatively easily after I found the proper (odd) sized wrenches. Then I just used some penetrating oil to give me some lubricity in the holder.

And the transmission thing got easier in the subsequent years. I definitely recommend the installation of an add-on drain plug.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

And the transmission thing got easier in the subsequent years. I definitely recommend the installation of an add-on drain plug.
yeah thats exactly what i was thinking. But now i get to wait a few years lol