General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

possible to fit 35's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

Couldn't he add the t-case? Or would that just be to much work?

Old 01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

2wd's have different tailshafts, i believe (dont quote me) he'd have to swap transmissions, or do a complete custom setup for that to work.

If you got the time and money, sure, but why not just get rid of a 2wd, and buy a 4wd.. and put money into a lift on that? seems like a no brainer.. to me, atleast.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 01vortec
i hope this is a joke.
my thoughts exactly.

his truck is 2wd, worthless to SAS the front..

If he wants to go thru mud he needs to just save his money and buy a 4wd.

Originally Posted by mov4x4
Couldn't he add the t-case? Or would that just be to much work?
2wd's have different tailshafts, i believe (dont quote me) he'd have to swap transmissions, or do a complete custom setup for that to work.

If you got the time and money, sure, but why not just get rid of a 2wd, and buy a 4wd.. and put money into a lift on that? seems like a no brainer.. to me, atleast.

nope, you nailed it.

on both accounts.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I believe the front section of the frame is different, and it runs torsion bars instead of coils, too.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cbr995
I believe the front section of the frame is different, and it runs torsion bars instead of coils, too.
Yes, you're right, but he was talking about SAS swap (solid axle) which would do away with the coil, or torsion bar setup. But still, its a waste of money.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Ah. I missed that part, but yeah. It's a waste of money.
Makes more sense to just buy a 4X4 Blazer or just deal with what you have.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

Ehhh, im just tryin to do crazy things with it. Something not too expensive. but i guess its not worth it. Ill figure something else out.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Yes, you're right, but he was talking about SAS swap (solid axle) which would do away with the coil, or torsion bar setup. But still, its a waste of money.
And buying a 4wd just to lift isn't? I'm not taking a crack at you but the way I see it is:

1. He has the vehicle, that costs nothing (or that cost is out of the way, whichever way you wanna look at it)

2. He can get a tailshaft and tailshaft housing, as well as a cheaper manual shift T-case

3. Most guys (with mecahnical and welding know how) generally get their SAS's done on fullsizes for ~1500, including parts. I have a hunch that Matt would be paying someone to do it though...

Cheapest would be leaf springs up front, but better yet is doing a 4 link, which is you have the cash would be the better route to go IMO.

SAS is more capable off road, but doesn't ride or handle as nice as an IFS setup... you'd need to pick the lesser of 2 evils, sell the 2wd and buy and lift a 4wd, or SAS the 2wd. You can do a moderate SAS too, you don't HAVE to go huge with it, like a SAS with 33's.

Either way, you're spending money, you'd have to see how much each would cost with some research.

Last edited by oktain; 01-24-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

seems like waay too much work to lift a 2wd truck. It's not gonna be useful offroad, since you can't do anything too crazy. Just go find yourself a used 1st gen 4x4 (i got mine for $650-- best car money i ever spent). There's a youtube video in which someone rolls theirs and then drives it away. Don't gotta lift it much, just maybe put some 31s on it and a different rear diff. ezsauce.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

I just love the 2nd gen blazers. But when it boils down to it, i really wouldnt want to spend more than 800 on a SAS. Could $800 do that?

Quick Reply: possible to fit 35's?