General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

possible to fit 35's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by theonetruetom
(1)seems like waay too much work to lift a 2wd truck. (2)It's not gonna be useful offroad, since you can't do anything too crazy. Just go find yourself a used 1st gen 4x4 (i got mine for $650-- best car money i ever spent). (3)There's a youtube video in which someone rolls theirs and then drives it away. (4)Don't gotta lift it much, just maybe put some 31s on it and a different rear diff. ezsauce.

1) how do you figure that? if he already has a 2WD truck-that he knows the history of-he has less 4WD crap to deal with when doing a SAS.

2) if it's built right, it will be. any vehicle that is all hack 'n slash, is never gonna be able to do it's intended task very well.

3) WTF?! how does that apply to his question? would you roll your DD/toy down an embankment, and then drive it away, just 'cause you could? (even if you were able to after).

4) why would you need to change the diff?

sorry, i just don't see where you're coming from with some of your responses.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
1) how do you figure that? if he already has a 2WD truck-that he knows the history of-he has less 4WD crap to deal with when doing a SAS.

2) if it's built right, it will be. any vehicle that is all hack 'n slash, is never gonna be able to do it's intended task very well.

3) WTF?! how does that apply to his question? would you roll your DD/toy down an embankment, and then drive it away, just 'cause you could? (even if you were able to after).

4) why would you need to change the diff?

sorry, i just don't see where you're coming from with some of your responses.
1: lifting a 2wd vehicle seems like sacrilege in my mind. it doesn't serve a purpose, and it kills your fuel economy. the only possible gain you could get out of lifting it is ground clearance, and 2wd trucks belong on the roads where they can't get stuck and need a 4x4 to get unstuck.

2: my point about it being less useful offroad is that if it's 2wd, even with an SAS, it will still inevitably get stuck, and without the option to lock it in 4lo it's likely going to stay stuck without a winch or a friend to unstick it. Plus, a cheap 4x4 version (even not knowing the service history) is easy to build up, and if you break it your DD isn't out of commission.

3: I guess it doesn't really apply... sleep deprivation means i may have been ranting a bit because i'd just watched that vid :/

4: 35s lower the gearing, new diff with better gear ratio is important or you'll demolish the diff and/or your transmission and/or your engine. could just swap gearing, but diffs are just as cheap from a j/y.

Last edited by theonetruetom; 01-25-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

You'd need to find a hella good deal on parts.

front axle and springs from a wrecked cherokee maybe... Can you weld? As far as I know you'll need the steering box out of an Astro or Safari Van. Do you have a good friend who can weld? Friends are usually up for helping buddies on projects like this lol.