General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Probably the last night I own my blazer :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road

After doin some searching myself I have also seen Hyundais seem to be the most reliable...so of course thats what Im hoping to find...and Maybe just maybe if I wear a white shirt and daisy dukes Ill find one ROFL LMAO What do u think Rotti? LMAO

Old 09-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Starting Member
chcknugget is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 4x4blazerguy
A lot of vehicles I thought were OK I have since found out their reliability isn't that good. EXAMPLE: Toyota Rav 4, Honda CRV.
you can add the chevy blazer to that list... HAHA.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Starting Member

ROFL yep...but dont know how far up on the list I could put it considering I sold mine yesterday and was in town getn parts for his TODAY ROFL he is working on his at this very moment. Im starting to wonder if Blazers in general have a vendetta against me LOL

Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

In my experience any vehicle over 5 years old is going to need stuff... Depending on how the previous owner was with maintanence... There is just gonna be stuff that is going to fail... The best you can do is assess any car you are going to buy then have an third party (prefferrably a mechanic) look at the car and give you a no bs assessment of it... Then it is just a matter of staying on top of the vehicle... maintainence wise... Good Luck Melrock...
Damn, my spelling is terrible...

Old 09-11-2012, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chcknugget
you can add the chevy blazer to that list... HAHA.
Honda CRV's are crap, that is a given, one hit my last 94, the CRV was DESTROYED, the blazer just had a broken upper and lower control arm and tierods, and part of the honda in the wheel/rim (did not even break the bead either)

But insurance offered me more than what I payed for it to call it totalled, and it was pretty rusty, so i took it. had 202k miles on it, and still running like new

That being said, blazers are really reliable, if you take care of them, just like any car.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Starting Member

I agree with what each of u have said no questions, or nagging lol BUT there are lemons of each vehicle no matter what it may be...I got one of course. The 2 guys that owned my now sold 95 prior to me were as adamant about upkeep and general things a ride needs just as I am. It ran, and still runs, like a screaming virgin leavin a brothel.....BUT every time u think she divorced the parts store or mechanic she was again right back. I have over $1k in just parts, not including the parts that were replaced by the warranty they were under from breaking on me the 1st 2nd and even 3rd time and that was just since beginning of march! I paid $1900 for it, two dents got it totalled and me paid $2200 AFTER buying it back but Im over $5k in parts and labor (rarely shop prices either, pays to have certified friends) and thats in barely 18 mths. So hate to say it...but my blazer was one piece of shyt possessed bytch LMAO and everyone that drove her or worked on her agreed LOL so im test drivn a 98 hyundai tiburon tomoro 75k miles automatic so hope it goes well. White shirt better bring good luck LMAO

Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

You know all the trinkets & trash you get at the dollar store? Yeah, all that shyt from China, Taiwan & Japan. Why would anyone think their cars are any different, it's all that dollar store crap on a larger scale... it's just a bigger pile...same quality.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Starting Member

Well...I got a vehicle. Went to drive the Tiburon an HR away just for it not to go in reverse til I tapped the gas and then the tranny screamed to let me no it wasnt happy and I let him know just how pi$$ed I was! So I stopped on the way home and test drove a 2000 Kia Sportage w/ 127k miles 5 spd 4wd and ended up buying it for $1250!! The guy told me he needed more than what I had and was selling it to the other dude there payin askin price....BUT as I was leaving the dudes son ran and stopd me and said to come bak caus his dad was so impressed with how well I drove a stick that he would take what I had....the other dude was NOT happy lol but so far so good just couple minor things needs work when i get around to it....so I think i did good so far. Ill know for sure in a month or two just how well I did LOL and its the FIRST none American made car Ive owned so Im a lil nervous

Old 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melrock83
....BUT as I was leaving the dudes son ran and stopd me and said to come bak caus his dad was so impressed with how well I drove a stick that he would take what I had....
If you say so.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Starting Member

LMAO I swear he did. My best friend and her husband took me and even they were dumb founded when his son told me. I asked the dude if he was just F-in with me LMAO I sure wouldnt have sold it to me if I had been him I would take the most cash DUH, so the whole thing was just bizarre honestly. The guy was probably close to his 70's so I am just gonna think it was something to do with old age His granddaughter told me that her gpa either likes ya or he dont and that he obviously liked me for whatever reason....but WOW... he acted like a hard nosed a$$ so if he acts that way when he likes someone I want to see what he does when doesnt like them LOL

Quick Reply: Probably the last night I own my blazer :(