General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Psychotic 95 Chevy Blazer Vortec 4.3l obd 1.5

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 02:17 PM
Phil T. Chambliss is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Psychotic 95 Chevy Blazer Vortec 4.3l obd 1.5

Information:
About 220k miles,
Name: blue lagoon

Symtoms: Misfire, Extremly HIGH fuel consumption at low idle,
Notorious ricflair puppy dog like whine sound that's been around since it was running good but now not glass like sound heard upon startup before like carbon getting sucked up. EXCESSIVE START UP

Explanations: Rick Flair dog sound- sounds like Woo wooOOH rah, (turns key off.)

This vehicle I have done a lot too but still won't stop being a piece O ****. It orginally came from everett, WA. FROM A ****ty bumb Mexican ****ah lot "no offense."

Internally tested the play on the harmonic balancer with the belt off no free Play so timing chains good, just changed the pcm in the distributor the check engine light now is no longer constant after start up but after 30-45 seconds comes right back on vs before the new rotor and pcm.

I opened the ecm, looks and smells brand spanking new no burn marks.

Exhaust has been rich for a long time when my family was homeless for about a year that's when the vehicle spiraled out of control on these antics had problems with it since we got it only want it to go back before the miss fires and richness but additional to this time the vehicle use to surge then give all the way out no oil in the coolant no flakes of metal in the oil.

Any advice for this incompetant, trump loving, sour faced non stalling out no more, but still raggity as hell in the engine blazer?

What ever is wrong is probably cause it's a 1.5 obd tec, doesn't pull codes and the check engine light won't stfu.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Beginning Member
stokedstephen is on a distinguished road

If you have a smartphone the BAFX Scanner works on your system. The Actrons also work, they are just more expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hope this helps you find your problem!
Have you checked your fuel pressure?

Old 09-29-2016, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by stokedstephen
If you have a smartphone the BAFX Scanner works on your system. The Actrons also work, they are just more expensive.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hope this helps you find your problem!
Have you checked your fuel pressure?

Oh that would be nice, If the OBD1.5 WORKED in this truck which it doesnt, even the paper clip trick doesn't work in here, as for the box that's OBDII SCANNER YOU SHOWED me, I do know but it gets slowly better I found a 4x4 hose lose under the battery tray yesterday but that has no effect on The engine vaccum.

When it's cold she starts like nothings wrong 2-5 seconds before start up when hot out that's atleast 15 seconds to a minute the old dinosaur has to build up oil pressure easy.

Last edited by Phil T. Chambliss; 09-29-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member
pfc1 is on a distinguished road

the BAFX Scanner works, just did it on my 95 Blazer. 21.99 for the plug in on Amazon and the google play store has the Dash Command app 9.99, its all android. I've fought for months with different scan tools, this is the cheapest way unless you have access to the way more expensive Snap-on scanner, this the way to go if you have the 16 pin OBD II port under your dash.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by pfc1
the BAFX Scanner works, just did it on my 95 Blazer. 21.99 for the plug in on Amazon and the google play store has the Dash Command app 9.99, its all android. I've fought for months with different scan tools, this is the cheapest way unless you have access to the way more expensive Snap-on scanner, this the way to go if you have the 16 pin OBD II port under your dash.

Well I suppose it can't hurt atleast I can keep it in my tool bag for other vehicles for clientele this junk can't fight with me for long if the engines going out I will most likely do a swap or obtain an engine before then all I know what is wrong with it has to be electrical because it idles fine, it's when you drive is when it's bad like riding andre the Giants back while he does a leg drop.