General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Question about a bumper bracket, ebay link included

Old 08-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about a bumper bracket, ebay link included

Hey guys, I am wondering if this is the part the goes right in the wheel well on either side to attach the front bumper? I think my blazer is missing these on both sides causing the front bumper to vibrate sometimes and it cracked the grill on both ends. I have a new grill ordered and if this is the problem I would like to order them too so it won't happen with the new grill. Thanks in advance!

ebay click

*EDIT* shortened ebay link

Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Question about a bumper bracket, ebay link included

It's helpfull if you put your vehicle info into the post so we know what you have.
Check this out and see if it helps to identify what you think you need. You can go forward or back in the pages.
http://lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/0032.asp

Old 08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Starting Member

Sorry the only other forum I post on is all about one generation of a specific car so I never thought to throw that in! It's a 96 blazer with a 99 front end installed. It appears I am missing #11 & 12 in the top pic on this link but without having anything there it is hard to go by.

http://lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/0031.asp

Do those parts go from the edge of the bumper by the wheel wells to the body? That is what I am looking for, thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Items #11 & #12 are the outer edge support brackets. They run from the outer edge of the bumper support (crash bar) to the frame. What you are looking for is item #20 in the lower diagram. Which is the same PN as the '98+ diagram on the next page.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Starting Member

Thank you very much swartlkk !