General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

RE; Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 AM
kennybopaloo is on a distinguished road
Default RE; Tires

did you ever notice when you bring in different sized tires to your shop for removal and balancing they charge different prices for different sized tires.
we think the shops are gouging us.

even though there are different sizes, the technician is using the same machine, it is not taking them any longer to do the work but they are charging us different prices because of different heights or different widths of our tires.

what do you think.

we are sick and tires of getting screwed.....................

Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like someone got screwed over by the tire man.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Wink RE; Tires

how do they handle that in your area.................

Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I paid $50 for mount/balance at NTB about 6 months ago. I also recently took a tire to walmart to put on in place of my old spare tire and the guy told me he'd do it if I went and got him a Rockstar energy drink. By the time I walked up to the front registers and got back, he was done.

Unless you have like 22" wheels or are going for the ridiculous "stretched tire" look, I don't think it should cost any extra

Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I work at a Chevy dealer and we charge the same price no matter what. Which i think is bs. Some tires are a lot harder to do and take longer than other tires. The average car and truck tires are ok. It when you get low profile tires, wide tires and big tires that suck. Some can take a long time to do and are a real pita. Some wheels take longer to balance too depending if you can use normal pound on weights or if you have to use stick on weights. With stick on weights the wheel has to be very clean for it to stick good. Which in michigan the wheels are usually corroded and can take a while to clean.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Question RE; Tires

thanks for the input.

the final question is, the wifes tires are 215 60 16,

and mine are 235 70 15.

should i be paying more for dismounting and balancing on the 235 70 15 than my wifes tire.

that is the question..............

Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The answer to that question is that you must pay whatever the place you take your tires to charges for the service. If you don't like the charge, find another place to take your tires. It is a free market after all. There are no laws that state that a charge for changing a tire should be the same regardless of the tire size.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Wink RE; Tires

thanks

so if you feel you are getting shafted try someone else.

thanks again.

we still feel we are getting screwed.

we will look around for a more fair price.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you like the way you were treated for some bizarre reason, yes, find someone else.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:08 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I go to a shop that you can pay a little bit more and I got lifetime alignment and rotate/balance. Which seems to be the cheapest way to go where I live because from what I've seen having my car aligned twice already paid for the lifetime.