General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Recommendations

V8 swap would be a good idea before the supercharger, after you swap it put one on and you'll have tons more power

Old 06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

put a basket on top and lift it, 3" body and 2" suspension would set it off real nicely

as far as the grille, look on ebay, i have a 1st gen and my roommate has a 2nd gen and we both found nearly all our parts on there cheap. That cowl hood idea is a neat one but make it functional, you will gain more HP from it due to the dense COLD air charge that the cowl creates, other then that you really dont need one but for looks. If you dont use it you will have alot of air turbulation under that hood.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I got some inexpensive ideas. Chrome wiper blades, polished aluminum arms, chrome mirror covers, chrome door handle covers, APC chrome billet antennea, chrome grille inserts, chrome windshield washer nozzles.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: davtak

I got some inexpensive ideas. Chrome wiper blades, polished aluminum arms, chrome mirror covers, chrome door handle covers, APC chrome billet antennea, chrome grille inserts, chrome windshield washer nozzles.
Someone really likes chrome, eh? Those are actually pretty good ideas though. Dont know about the rest of ya but chrome to me is best used in moderation.

Now what would really be different is if you did a custom paint job (see rabbit's ride) or a full vehicle wrap in something like camo (much like what i plan to do to Dale).

Old 06-28-2007, 02:30 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Someone really likes chrome, eh?
Yeah, I do. I have one of the APC chrome antenneas allready, and I plan to do the wiper arms painted chrome, chrome washer nozzles, chrome door handles, chrome westin lights on the black safari bar that I will get very soon, chrome grille inserts. I am also thinking of getting some sport mirrors with turn signals in either black or chrome. They are on ebay for 30 bucks plus shipping. I can't wait to see this full camo wrap you mentioned. That sounds sick. You won't even have to leave your truck to go hunting lmao.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:30 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: davtak

I can't wait to see this full camo wrap you mentioned. That sounds sick. You won't even have to leave your truck to go hunting lmao.
SHHH!!!! Dont let the DNR hear that, lol. FOR THE RECORD I DONT HUNT FROM MY VEHICLE.

Actually Euro talked me into it. He has a CJ-7 thats wrapped in realtree camo and i found my same pattern of mossy oak in a wrap as well. Just gotta get the body nice and clean (and dent free) and then ill save up some cash to get it done.......along with the lift, tires, blah blah blah. WowDale costs alot, lol.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:01 PM

I won't tell them lol. I love to fish, but I would never go hunting. I can't bring myself to shoot anything. I guess it's the New Englander in me lol.