General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Removing the branding (decals)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Beginning Member
tech0821 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tips, I can pull the emblem off no prob, it's the damn adhesive that makes the job hell. My fingers still hurt since yesterday. Guess the fact that I work on motorcycles all day don't help. Brake cleaner works real good as a final cleanup before wax just didn't know if there was a proven method. I'll try the hair dryer method, guess if that don't work I'll just pain through the last one. Maybe we can figure out something for others who choose to pull the decals.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

I used this

Attached Thumbnails Removing the branding (decals)-03612-adhesive-eraser-wheel.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 02:11 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tech0821
Thanks for the tips, I can pull the emblem off no prob, it's the damn adhesive that makes the job hell. My fingers still hurt since yesterday. Guess the fact that I work on motorcycles all day don't help. Brake cleaner works real good as a final cleanup before wax just didn't know if there was a proven method. I'll try the hair dryer method, guess if that don't work I'll just pain through the last one. Maybe we can figure out something for others who choose to pull the decals.
the only thing that you wont run a risk with harming the paint is wd-40 and a rag, then soap/water and then a good wax.
all the other things, can harm the paint, brake cleaner, any kind of solvent.

Trust me, Been doing body work since highschool.. wd-40 is amazing stuff, and if you have any rust and its winter time and you cant fix it until spring/summer, spray a good amount of wd-40 on it every couple weeks through the winter until you are able to fix it, it will slow down if not stop the decay process.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 05BlackJimmy
I used this

These work pretty well, but easily can burn through the paint if you are not careful.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Hair dryer works good if you hold it about 5" or 6" away. Get about a foot head start and follow it along as you peel. It will stretch when you peel it, but it should come off in one piece if you go slow.
This works well, if its on a newer car, if not, the adhesive will just tear, even if you heat it up. But definitely a good method.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:08 PM
JimD is on a distinguished road

I used a gas soaked rag and got all the badges off with a little tugging.
Came off with no residue and I avoided scratches.