General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

RER; Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
kennybopaloo is on a distinguished road
Smile RER; Tune

I am getting ready to do a tune on the 02 blazer 4.3

do you prefer gm rotor and distributor compared to our local parts store???

i guess we all have our favorites !!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just a matter of preference, but rather what works best in these trucks. GM vehicles like GM electrical parts.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search! Its a wonderful tool if you know how to use it.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I would definitely avoid going cheap here... I've gone cheap on brakes and wheel bearings before and ended up turning around and dropping more money to get the GM Delco parts because either the brakes were the *****, or the wheel bearing was done after 200km's.

Something like electrical is pretty critical, don't chince out or you'll regret it dearly, unless you're upgrading to something like MSD... Delco all the way.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Even MSD stock replacement components are not great sometimes...

As far as cap & rotor go, if you can get a cap that has the brass inserts inside, it will last longer than whatever is in the other ones. I know that the higher cost Napa Echlin cap has the brass contacts.

I have used Napa ignition parts for a long time in a lot of different vehicles and never had any problems with them.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 AM
kennybopaloo is on a distinguished road
Wink

Thanks......

picked up the cap and rotor for the cruiser and the double platinum plugs.

they offered 2 different grade caps. i got the better one but it did not have the brass inserts one of the members mentioned.

napa's cost was $ 97.......................

Last edited by rriddle3; 04-23-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS