General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ride of the month

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ride of the month

ORIGINAL: rabbit0102030
I have always had it as my opinion, unexpressed opinion, that if it is called RIDE of the month that it should be a tricked out ride being voted on. Not to offend anyone, butsome of the rides that have gotten in for voting were not really in deservance of the honor. The member was in deservance of the honor of being an excellent member, but the ride was not really up to par for what ROTM sounds like it should be.
Not everyone feels like playing "The Fast and The Furious" with thier blazer. A clean, nearly stock vehicle can have just as much presence as a built-to-show...

Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I have always had it as my opinion, unexpressed opinion, that if it is called RIDE of the month that it should be a tricked out ride being voted on. Not to offend anyone, butsome of the rides that have gotten in for voting were not really in deservance of the honor. The member was in deservance of the honor of being an excellent member, but the ride was not really up to par for what ROTM sounds like it should be.
Well, look at the requirements there... The VAST majority of the active people here own vehicles that have zero modifications. So you have basically said you are just plain and can't participate... Maybe if this was CustomBlazerForum.com... But it isn't.

Yeah, I know I get that, I just think that some people come in to the forum thinking that the ROTM is going to have really badass rides in it, and not stock stuff (nothing wrong with that, everyone starts somehwere), and I guess they are dissapointed by the situation and don't participate.

I think other people didn't participate before because of the election process, but now that I read up on the way it works, it is an excellent new process. Very fair, and gets everyone involved, props on that.

I myself would say just to get rid of it all together also, and just do a member spotlight.

Then as far as everyones rides go, maybe we can edit the header on the main page where the blazer is at into a revolving image, and everyone who want to can submit 1 pic of their ride to be put into the revolving image. Basically, every few seconds the pic changes to a different member submitted ride and so on..........I don't know man just thought I'd throw the idea out there anyway. I will still participate no matter what happens n the future, I always find something I like about one of the rides in the ROTM!!

Old 03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

Not everyone feels like playing "The Fast and The Furious" with thier blazer. A clean, nearly stock vehicle can have just as much presence as a built-to-show...
i agree w/ rabbit on there being a completely stock blazer and and it belong to somebody who post a lot and everybody loves so they win RIDE or the month, but i also see where cloak is coming from, everybody has their own style, some more radical than others, and the clean sudddle apperance can look great, but if it is bone stock, im sorry,it doesn't deserve any honers, i like the new way it is handled better than the old way

Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

My thinking on the matter is that any type of ride should be allowed to get in..just like the current process allows. That way, if we all know someone has a really clean, really nice, yet stock ride, it will still get nominated and it just might make voting! Then..it's up to the rest of the members to decide if it is truely worthy of ROTM as opposed to the other 4 up for voting. I don't think it's fair to limit who can get in based on what they've done. Where would you put the line? How many mods untill it's worthy? Or no longer stock?

I love the member spotlight idea though..it can be tricky to get someones story on here, member spotlight would do just that!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that the process of ROTM has done very well since I have been a memeber. I know that with every mod that I have done I strive for it to be noticed and recognized.And I think that ROTM does that for members.I constantly check up on the ROTM section to see whos getting nominated and whos being voted on. It was one of the best parts of this site in my opinion, because it showcases a lot of work that people have put into their rides.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

ORIGINAL: willjones

I think that the process of ROTM has done very well since I have been a memeber. I know that with every mod that I have done I strive for it to be noticed and recognized.And I think that ROTM does that for members.I constantly check up on the ROTM section to see whos getting nominated and whos being voted on. It was one of the best parts of this site in my opinion, because it showcases a lot of work that people have put into their rides.
exacly right, also ROTM gives other owners ideas for different mods they could do!