General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ridiculous mechanic bill, am i wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

those prices are the reason I do everything my self from rebuild trannies to changing tires on rims to the oil change all in my driveway, if something breaks its on me

Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 AM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

i got through to him. we settled on 300, apologized and said its not about the money and im a very great customer. so i made sure it was for 2 bills and he said yes...so ill just leave it at that and be done with it. might just do the work myself or try a local dealer.

Last edited by er0ck273; 02-14-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Starting Member
01xtreme_chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by er0ck273
i got through to him. we settled on 300, apologized and said its not about the money and im a very great customer. so i made sure it was for 2 bills and he said yes...so ill just leave it at that and be done with it. might just do the work myself or try a local dealer.
If you have the time, doing the work yourself will save you money in the long run on labor. You know what you want done and don't have to worry about a bad mechanic "fixing things" and creating more problems for more business from you. Plus on top of doing it yourself...you get to know your vehicle better than what you previously knew or thought you knew.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 01xtreme_chevy
If you have the time, doing the work yourself will save you money in the long run on labor. You know what you want done and don't have to worry about a bad mechanic "fixing things" and creating more problems for more business from you. Plus on top of doing it yourself...you get to know your vehicle better than what you previously knew or thought you knew.
couldnt have said it better. the members on this forum give me the knowledge to do most jobs by myself, i should be taking advantage of it, and i believe i will start. i know in my case, most of the time, i have the patient to do things myself. plus im all about saving money lol

Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Thats a BS bill... Most of us could do all that in a cold garage with hand tools and a jack in 4 hours... In a shop with air and hoist, that should be cut in half.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

You mentioned it doesn't include all of the lines?????? The lines are not 1/4" and 3/16". They are 5/32" and 7/32", might want to ask him about that too.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:26 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 01xtreme_chevy
if anyone is going to mess my truck up its going to me

ive never brought any vehicle i ever owned to a mechanic. ive been a mechanic for a few years and what do you think we do when we are looking for help on a problem. go on google and type in the problem most the time you end up on forums like this one.

ive worked for some honest garages and even honest work i cant believe some of the prices that we charge. its just the hourly labor rate adds up

Old 02-16-2014, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
You mentioned it doesn't include all of the lines?????? The lines are not 1/4" and 3/16". They are 5/32" and 7/32", might want to ask him about that too.
thats good to know, i was honestly going to replace the rest of the lines myself when its not 4 degrees out lol.

using the size lines he used, will it effect/hurt anything?

Old 02-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

They're both 1/32" too big and will fit a little loose. It won't hurt anything, as long as they stay on and don't leak.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
They're both 1/32" too big and will fit a little loose. It won't hurt anything, as long as they stay on and don't leak.
now im really wishing i didnt mail that check, although I could always cancel it. you think something as simple as vacuum lines wouldnt be hard to screw up. in most cases do the lines tell you their size on them? i noticed writing on it but didnt take note if the size was on it

Quick Reply: ridiculous mechanic bill, am i wrong?