General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ridiculous mechanic bill, am i wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Not all replacement vacuum line has the size on it, but the OEM vacuum lines have the diameter printed right on the line, right in plain sight, so people know what size to use when they replace them

Old 02-16-2014, 04:37 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Not all replacement vacuum line has the size on it, but the OEM vacuum lines have the diameter printed right on the line, right in plain sight, so people know what size to use when they replace them
that will come in handy when I'm replacing the remainder of the lines when it warms up, if that ever happens haha

tomorrow im going to look at the lines it took 5 hours to replace and see if they have the sizes clearly written on them, because i can call all i want he can say he put the sizes i say on, but itd be better if i saw it in writing lol

Old 02-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Starting Member
01xtreme_chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
I have to agree with Captain on this one. If you don't see a diameter printed on the hose you can go to Advance Auto Parts and they have a hose chart, I know because I work there for a second job. Take the hose in and ask for assistance, press it on the chart to figure out your diameter and they also sell vacuum lines really cheap.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 01xtreme_chevy
I have to agree with Captain on this one. If you don't see a diameter printed on the hose you can go to Advance Auto Parts and they have a hose chart, I know because I work there for a second job. Take the hose in and ask for assistance, press it on the chart to figure out your diameter and they also sell vacuum lines really cheap.
damn didnt know that either lol. ill have to check the one line when it gets warmer, cause its so brittle lol

Old 02-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Yup, brittle is another thing... when they get dried out and crumbly, you probably won't be able to see anything! Which might be a clue that the line is original

Old 02-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Of course its always cheaper to do the work yourself and so much more rewarding when you get to give yourself a pat on the back when your finished but I think the real thing to be taken from this thread and the many many more just like it around the web is for anyone who can't or just doesn't want to do the work themselves GET AN ESTIMATE IN WRITING before they ever turn a wrench and make sure they notify you of any change orders that may effect the final cost before proceeding. I took my blazer in for an alignment a few years ago after changing out the tie rods and they gave me the price and once they got it on the rack they called me to tell me that they had to adjust the tie rod significantly and that it was going to add an additional $30 to the cost. I was fine with it cause it was my fault for overlooking it when I did the work but if I had shown up to pay for an alignment and then been told about the additional $30 I would probably not have been so understanding about the suprize cost increase. I did check the tie rod and could tell that they had removed the tie rod end to give it a couple turns and reinstalled it so they didn't BS me on it luckily.