General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

RUST: 2nd gen S10 Blazer 2dr

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Starting Member
mountain william is on a distinguished road
Default RUST: 2nd gen S10 Blazer 2dr

I've been looking to buy a 95-02 Blazer 2dr (my first) and am surprised at how many have bad rust in the area directly ahead of the rear wheel wells, often on otherwise solid trucks.

Since it appears to be rusting from the inside, I was wondering if it was caused by water leaking INTO the truck ? Any thoughts on cause and prevention?

I don't expect a ten-yr old midwestern truck to be perfect, but it seems like this is an especially vulnerable spot on these vehicles.

PS- Go easy on me.....I'm new to the site, and still trying to figure out all the categories!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by mountain william
I've been looking to buy a 95-02 Blazer 2dr (my first) and am surprised at how many have bad rust in the area directly ahead of the rear wheel wells, often on otherwise solid trucks.

Since it appears to be rusting from the inside, I was wondering if it was caused by water leaking INTO the truck ? Any thoughts on cause and prevention?

I don't expect a ten-yr old midwestern truck to be perfect, but it seems like this is an especially vulnerable spot on these vehicles.

PS- Go easy on me.....I'm new to the site, and still trying to figure out all the categories!
Do you know where the previous owners were from? If they were from around the Florida area or near the beach, there is more to worry about, water wise. If you don't, could you get a carfox (carfax) report?

And mine has a little rust, but my rust seems to like my hood for some reason.