General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Saggin?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:13 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I understand that... but I was hoping to slowly work the lifts... like to be honest... 2-3in body lift... 6in superlift.... and possibly throwing some blocks on the back... and maybe extra tbar cranks... but the tbar crank is kinda the last ditch effort... I was hoping to see up to 9-12in of lift...

Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

3" BL, 6" SL, 1.5" torison...10.5" ??

Old 10-14-2009, 01:19 AM
BF Veteran

2in body lift...
6in suspension lift...
3-5in blocks between suspension and frame.... saw a few kits... need to find them again...

thats 13in lift....

Old 10-14-2009, 01:24 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

That'd be cool, but I have one question. If you put 3-5" of blocks with the 6"SL, would you need shocks from a 9-11" kit?

Old 10-14-2009, 06:41 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Hang on, what blocks are you refering to? Sounds like you'll be needing to flip the differential to the lower side of the leaf springs, and I'm pretty sure complications can arise from this. I'd get Kyle's input on on this matter. Usually blocks are used to lower a truck.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stsrus
Are you sure that you're not going through a growth spurt?
My first thought!

Originally Posted by oktain
Hang on, what blocks are you refering to? Sounds like you'll be needing to flip the differential to the lower side of the leaf springs, and I'm pretty sure complications can arise from this. I'd get Kyle's input on on this matter. Usually blocks are used to lower a truck.
Blocks in the suspension should be a last resort kind of lift. Given the stock axle over spring configuration, blocks would serve to lower your truck. If you do a SOA (spring over axle) flip, you will be lifting it by ~4" right off the bat and then need to find a way to get the front up. The 5-6" kits available do a SOA with an additional 1-2" in the rear springs while providing the drop brackets for the front diff and suspension.

If it were me and I was worried that the springs were sagging in the rear, I would remove them and have them re-arched. It is not an expensive proposition and you'll likely be able to find a local spring shop that is capable of doing the work. It will not provide a ton of lift so if that is what you are after, then this is not the complete answer...

Is this thread about sagging and how to fix it back to stock or about lifting??

Old 10-14-2009, 09:09 AM
BF Veteran

It was about sagging and then slowly morphed to the lift....

Old 10-14-2009, 11:01 AM
blazer_grl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
I couldn't help myself from being a smart ***...

But would this help?

* at pic*

Since when did Fredrick's of Hollywood start makin' car bras? =P