General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

scan tool I/M monitor status

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:43 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road
Default scan tool I/M monitor status

ever since i got my distributor cap and rotor. and crank and cam shaft sensors replaced, my scanner (innova 3160d) monitors status of things like egr o2 sensors, evap etc. if it stays solid, the test has run and it has passed. if it blinks it means test has not run yet

heres what innova says
The I/M MONITOR STATUS icons represent Monitors inside the vehicles computer. Monitors are special computer programs used by the vehicle’s computer to verify proper operation of specific emissions-related components or systems (Oxygen Sensor, Catalytic Converter, EGR Valve, Fuel System, etc.) to ensure their proper operation. If a Monitor icon is flashing, it indicates the associated Monitor is currently in “HAS NOT RUN” status. A Monitor will not run until the proper set of conditions required to enable it to perform the self-diagnosis and testing of its assigned engine system have occurred. When a Monitor icon is solid, it indicates the associated Monitor is currently in “HAS RUN” status; the Monitor was able to meet all the conditions required to enable it to perform and complete the self-diagnosis and testing of its assigned engine system. When the conditions are met to allow each monitor to run during a single trip (of multiple subsequent trips), it is called performing a Drive Cycle.

after multiple trips...the EVA light (evap) continues to blink and it wont stay solid. why is this? any help would be great.

Last edited by er0ck273; 08-04-2015 at 08:47 PM.