General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Seafoamed the Blazer today

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Beginning Member
MB4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PaulO2288
Gas Tank, Thottle Body, and Brake Booster. 1/3rd of a can each
I understand how to put it into the gas tank but t'body? Just take that intake pipe off and pour it into the t'body? What about the brake booster? Mix it with the brake fluid???

Old 05-09-2010, 10:56 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MB4x4
I understand how to put it into the gas tank but t'body? Just take that intake pipe off and pour it into the t'body? What about the brake booster? Mix it with the brake fluid???
No, You should see a little black tube that connects to your master cylinder and you take that hose and put it into the bottle and let it suck up the 1/3rd of the can

Old 05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MB4x4
Take your intake off and pour some down the throttle body, your going to need to keep reving it up so it doesn't die, and then when you think it's had enough(I usually use half a can down the TB) pour in enough to make it stall out. Then let it sit for at least 15 min. It's going to be hard to start at first, when it starts, go for a drive and watch the smoke show!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 88s10Blazer
Take your intake off and pour some down the throttle body, your going to need to keep reving it up so it doesn't die, and then when you think it's had enough(I usually use half a can down the TB) pour in enough to make it stall out. Then let it sit for at least 15 min. It's going to be hard to start at first, when it starts, go for a drive and watch the smoke show!
Thats a good way to clean the carbon out from the throttle body thats about it

Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulO2288
Thats a good way to clean the carbon out from the throttle body thats about it
How do you figure? The seafoam would spend very little time in the throttle body with the engine running...