General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

So here I was driving down the road...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:22 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: So here I was driving down the road...

Is it bad when you can see your crank shaft?

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/A2CE27A069E74CD399C946D0669C71A7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/0DA350362C5349A3881C53761E7FDB47.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/2600B9A9AB284E099F8EEF3F4F0B652E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/7DC335A02EFF475B914E251DC8BDC8CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2008, 05:26 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

THERE SHOW BLOWS

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

ORIGINAL: drperry

Look at the boof mark on the crank AND I DONT CARE ABOUT MY DOUBLE POST.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Use the EDIT feature.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:24 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: drperry

Look at the boof mark on the crank AND I DONT CARE ABOUT MY DOUBLE POST.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:38 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

That's just a love tap...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That's purdy! Must have lost a rod. Are you sure it didn't make any noises before it died on ya?? How loud did you have the music cranked?

Old 02-15-2008, 08:51 AM
BF Veteran

At about 20 out of 35.... You can still hear cars and trucks passing you

So yeah, shopping time, lol.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Wow..so..what part exactly is missing? For the non-engine-part literate..that's the lower engine, blew off the oil pan and a bit more? The crankshaft sits at the bottom of the V right?

Pardon my ignorance

Old 02-15-2008, 09:07 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

The oil pan is actually a structural part of the engine on the newer engines, don't know when it started. Meaning there's no separate oil pan that you can drop with a gasket in between. Looks like the actual casing cracked and fell off.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ah ok..yea I can definitely see the cracked/broken edges on the left and right of the pic.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The oil pan is still replaceable even though it is a 'structural' part of the engine. The change happened between '97 & '98 when they moved from the stamped steel pan to the cast aluminum pan. The aluminum pan is sealed with an o-ring as opposed to the old gasket that could be over compressed.

From the looks of it, something came loose in the rotating assembly (#1 or #2 cylinder rod would be my guess) and smashed the pan good. No other reason for that to happen really...

Quick Reply: So here I was driving down the road...