General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

So it's been decided..

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:03 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

congrats brother. hopefully by now you've had your mechanic check it out, and bought it.
while i agree with bezerker on the new Camaro's, it's still a nice looking car, but like he said, it just doesn't "feel" like a Camaro. it looks to "Caddy" for me with the chiseled lines.

but i've gotta disagree with The_Beast on this;
Originally Posted by The_Beast
I love the new Camaro, much better than any other "muscle car" out there today
i've driven in the new Camaro SS and a SRT8 Challenger, and i've gotta say, in both styling & performance, the Challenger wins, hands down.
as for the comment about the Mustangs still using a live axle.......so what? it's obviously still working for them. while i haven't had the oportunity to ride in my friend's '09 Shelby GT500-he's had the engine ripped out all Summer going crazy on it-he's more than happy with the performance/handling of it.
but again, this is your thread, about your new "Winter beater", so i won't hijack your thread any longer, lol.

like you said, hopefully you'll only be here to tell us of all the happy times you're having with your new Blaze. but again, you'll notice i said hopefully! hahahahahaha!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Beginning Member
GLBL WMR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i've driven in the new Camaro SS and a SRT8 Challenger, and i've gotta say, in both styling & performance, the Challenger wins, hands down.
Ok, sorry - I have no problem with people having their preferences on looks, but how exactly are you determining that the Challenger wins "hands down" when the SS has proven time and time again to at least match the 0-60 of the SRT8, and perform better in the 1/4, slalom, hold better on the skidpad - and also brake harder. The SS is $10K less than the SRT8, has more horsepower, and weighs 200 lbs less.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:48 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lol... Why don't live axle car's work as well as independents???

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O46E0gCF5os

Mind you I'll admit Ford's figuring things out with the new Track Pack... what helps is the Stang is lighter than the Camaro and the SRT8 (Boat anchor)

Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Lol.. top gear also reviewed the ford fiesta... by having it chased by a vette through a mall... as well as make an amphibious landing with the royal army of britishland...lol

Old 11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Any comparisons I have seen between challenger and camaro they take the low power option challenger (the rt version) and pit it against the GT mustang and SS camaro. Why not make it a fair fight if ford and chevy are getting their big motor option cars picked take the srt8, and it will win.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 1oldK5
Any comparisons I have seen between challenger and camaro they take the low power option challenger (the rt version) and pit it against the GT mustang and SS camaro. Why not make it a fair fight if ford and chevy are getting their big motor option cars picked take the srt8, and it will win.
Most choose the R/T because it is priced comparably - that's what makes it a "fair fight". However, in any of the tests where the SRT8 is chosen, it is still outperformed by the Camaro (and Mustang) despite being $10 grand more.

Even though this isn't exactly a "fair" comparison from a price perspective considering that there is a 35% difference in price between the most and least expensive competitors, it still highlights the point that the Challenger SRT8 is an overpriced boat anchor:

http://www.insideline.com/ford/shelb...lby-gt500.html

Old 11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Beginning Member
bezerker is on a distinguished road

Stock the camaro and mustang will win. Modded, as anyone serious about a muscle car will do, the challenger pulls ahead. I have to find the link, but they pitted a saleen challenger (Saleen does them now.) against a worked ss and the challenger tore it up.

It's all preference though. Take any car, work it out, and you can make it what you want. There's a guy at the local car shows that has an oldschool station wagon (wood panels and all) that does a wheelie down the 1/4 mile.

We didn't mean to hijack your thread, but we ARE auto buffs here so I figure we had to debate a little.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by bezerker
Stock the camaro and mustang will win. Modded, as anyone serious about a muscle car will do, the challenger pulls ahead. I have to find the link, but they pitted a saleen challenger (Saleen does them now.) against a worked ss and the challenger tore it up.

It's all preference though. Take any car, work it out, and you can make it what you want. There's a guy at the local car shows that has an oldschool station wagon (wood panels and all) that does a wheelie down the 1/4 mile.

We didn't mean to hijack your thread, but we ARE auto buffs here so I figure we had to debate a little.
For sure - you have to pay to play. Once you start modding, it's up for grabs. I'd take Lingenfelter's blown 427 SS and put it up against anything Saleen builds

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I agree, a little debate is fun.

But when it boils down to it, everyone has there own opinion and rightfully so. Personally I'd take the Mustang over the Camaro or Challenger.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bezerker

Sorry, I laugh when people do this... If they were MODDED THEY'D COMPARE... That's the most ridiculous ****ing statement of the century. When you have modified vehicles, it's not longer the car that's being compared, it's the tuning skills and wallet of the driver that's being compared. It's like saying a pro street 1969 Camaro is faster than a prostreet 71 Challenger So the camaro's better!... Well what about when another 71 Challenger comes along and blows the Camaro out of the water? He had a bigger wallet/tuning budget than the other guy and he was more "skilled" in the way of the anti-stockers. You'd have to compare the 2 vehicles stock! Just because YOU have a bigger supercharger than HIM doesn't mean YOUR car is better than HIS off the showroom floor. You can no longer generalize for the entire line of vehicles because there are SO MANY VARIABLES with this stuff once you start tampering.

Guys do the same thing with snowmobiles... "This Stock one is SLOW because my modified money muncher can beat it!" I say "Go play in traffic."

Not that I'm flaming you! because you did mention the oh so important "You can make your car what you want"... but generally, you get the little 15 year old guys in high school... and even now in University "Yeah... well if you supercharge that Challenger it'd beat the stock Camaro!" No s**t... dipsh*t.

Last edited by oktain; 11-19-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: So it's been decided..