General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Stuff I Wanna Get Done.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Beginning Member
redz is on a distinguished road
Default Stuff I Wanna Get Done.......

Paint Tow Hooks

Paint Roof Rack

Back Window Frame

Windshield Cover

Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Stuff I wanna get done... I am in the same boat as you with the roof rack, oddly enough, its missing paint in about the same exact spot, but on the passenger side.
Unfortunately, its almost winter, will have to wait until next spring/summer, along with my list of other things
repair rockers is on there, and repaint hood.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 AM
Beginning Member
Leo_p is on a distinguished road

What are you gonna use? i did my tow hooks 3 weeks ago with plasti dip cuz it was the only thing I had laying around looks hood and is holding up really well

Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Get the tow hooks, sand the hell out of them to remove all the rust & nastyness, get them to me & I'll get them powder coated when I bring mine in to get done. Probably a semi gloss or matte black.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Get the tow hooks, sand the hell out of them to remove all the rust & nastyness, get them to me & I'll get them powder coated when I bring mine in to get done. Probably a semi gloss or matte black.
No clue how I missed your post but that would be awesome if you haven't got them done as yet...

If not when do you plan on going?

I forgot to add to the list but I wanted to get my tire carrier done also... Showing some rust.. Do you recommend powder coating or a spray?

ReDz

Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by redz
No clue how I missed your post but that would be awesome if you haven't got them done as yet...

If not when do you plan on going?

I forgot to add to the list but I wanted to get my tire carrier done also... Showing some rust.. Do you recommend powder coating or a spray?

ReDz
I would bed line the tire carrier.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Beginning Member

Whats bed liner? Do you have a link to the bed liner spray so I could check it out...

I did find somethings just not sure if its the same stuff as you mentioned...

I'm a n00b!

Last edited by redz; 10-21-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Bed liner - used for truck beds to seal the bed, protect from rust, bumps, scratches, add a grippy surface etc. Same as rocker guard for the rocker panels to protect against abrasions etc etc. Under coating to do the same on the frame etc under the vehicle as bed liner does for the bed.

Google them & you DO get what you pay for with these. The best thing you can do with any of those applications is prep work. Scuff, clean & make sure the surface is properly prepared for the application.

Redz - let me know when you want to take your hooks off, get them ready etc & I will & get them all done at the same time.
Tire carrier may cost a few buck though. The hooks I can probably get done for nothing err I mean a 6 pack (at least) of beer. lol
$23/15 pack of Busch

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-21-2012 at 11:23 PM.