General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Stupid winter

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default Stupid winter

It's getting colder in the mornings and at night. Decided tonight to start replacing the heater core in my jimmy. Need to buy a replacement tomorrow and fnish that portion of it. At the same time I am removing the A/C. I have half the old heater box off, but now I need to remove the inner fender to get to the last bolt .[:@] It was so much easier changing the heater box out on my blazer when the engine was out.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:36 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Stupid winter

good luck, i had to have mine replaced last winter, the WHOLE dash had to come out and it wasnt cheap for all that

Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 PM

w00t I finally have heat! Took me a little longer than I had planned. Since I had the wheel well out I decided to take out both and powder coat em. Will get some pics later.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the successful repair!

Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 PM

The actual changing of the heater core is quite simple and straight forward. Much easier than on my old thunderbird was. http://sytyarchives.com/howto/viewar...imate_controls Is a good read and will help. I also removed the A/C system. Here is what an A/C heater box looks like and what I started with.

Here are heater cores. The one with the longer tubes for A/C and the shorter for no A/C. I bought both just in case I couldn't use the non A/C core. The cores are pretty much the same with the only exeptition being the tubes from what I could see. Although the tubes on the non A/C core could be a little longer. I think in the long run that there might be less chance of the tubes leaking since they are shorter.

Here is a heater box from a non A/C truck after being powder coated gloss black. The wheel well has to come out in order to remove the old box as there are a couple bolts that you can't get otherwise. Luckily I only had to cut off 1 body bolt while removing the inner fender.

I also put in an A/C delete pulley that I picked up from summit. It was much cheaper than LMC. I also powder coated the wheel wells since I was at it. No pics, but they are much nicer and shouldn't rsut anytime soon. Still need to re wire loom some things etc.