General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Suzuki Samurai w/ GM 4.3L set up for Pro Street.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 03:00 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road
Default Suzuki Samurai w/ GM 4.3L set up for Pro Street.

You will want to see this! It is a bright RED 2 door Samurai with a neat install of a TURBO 4.3L GM V6. You can see in one of 9 photo's , he had to hammer the firewall a lot to make room for that rear mounted distributor. The back story is a new Hot Rod writer at the Hot Rod Power Tour was noticing this unique truck in the infield and approached the driver to find out more about it. Beautiful work to make that V6 fit in a Suzuki body. I won't tell you what the new writer thought he was looking at until he got back to the office and studied the photo's he had taken. Boy, was he wrong.
Another thing he commented on was the hearty rumble from the exhaust note?! Maybe the heat on that day of the Power Tour was getting to him?
I would like to know more about that massive two row radiator he somehow squeezed in there. Is it a Pro Street drag car or a fast rock crawler/ Moab runner ? Or both ?
Let me know what you think. I think Hot Rod needs to do a full feature story on this one.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ower-tour-2021

Old 08-31-2021, 06:11 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Thats a sweet lil ride!!

Old 08-31-2021, 10:18 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Again the new Hot Rod writer says: ----- you can see it in my pictures) is the blow-through four-barrel Holley carb with the turbo (get ready for this) located just ahead of the rear axle. .----I don't understand the Holley four--barrel carb being mounted ahead of the rear axle. I understand the engine compartment was very tight on space, but mounting the carb under the chassis is counterproductive. Four wheelers like to ford streams and creeks. Won't that carb location just suck in water to the turbo ? I guess I am thinking of off road capabilities and the owner was thinking Pro-Street.

Old 08-31-2021, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I was thrown off by that aswell, but then again, being pro street, I'd be more worried about debree damaging it