General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Tail light update :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:14 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Zanders
i see kitty feet in the #2 photo...

hehe are we playing i spy? =P

Old 07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Red 96'
Another question, how many coats of VHT did you use?
Just did 2 coats. With this & in daylight, the led's are not too bright but look particularly good at night.

The feet belong to the quality control inspector

The reason I went back to the stock tails was because the aftermarket ones are constructed differently. They have a ridge line around the lens & if I cut this away I will have cut the whole of the rear away except for the the straight section making it difficult to get it back together again. I have 2 sets of aftermarket ones & will try it & see how it goes with one.

Not sure how the US ones were constructed.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:23 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Very cool! Man you love your LED's!!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by RangerG
Very cool! Man you love your LED's!!
Says he who has LED's IN his tail lights! LOL

I've been drooling over those every time I visit e-bay.

With exchange rates more favourable at the moment, I'm considering the ones you've got & also the same headlights I've got now but with the two halo rings. Just means I'll have to convert the headlights to right hand drive like I did with the current ones.

Damn shipping - costs more than the goods!

EDIT.

Just to remind you, there ARE Blazers down under but not many and it's great seeing the other guys doing a double take when they see my truck. One guy nearly ran into the car in front of him when he saw me coming the other way (met him a few days later & he said he was trying to figure out why mine seemed different to his!) LOL - fortunately we were all doing about 15 kph at the time. Also, when I meet people and we talk cars a lot say "Yea, seen it! looks great" LOL I often get the thumbs up at traffic lights by pedestrians & others drivers in the traffic. Down here the Blazer is seen as just another Jap import. But mine definately attracts attention.

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 07-04-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nice touch. I'm glad you're still hanging around, we haven't heard much from you lately lol. So you have projectors without the halos?

I'm a fan of halo-less projectors lol, but that's just me , I did spend months tracking down 2 Sierra Denali headlights so I could have my factory projectors without halos.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:43 AM
BF Veteran

Hi man! Yea, just been very busy. The job keeps me busy most of the time lately. What with new tenants moving in & out & having to co-ordinate builders & other trades who've been doing the office fit outs. And recently I've had the added pressure of year end financials, new budgets etc. etc. Had no idea what I was letting myself in for when I took on this job. LOL but it's been the best that's happened to me in a long, long time. It's great when, even under pressure one can still look forward to getting up (in the winter mind) every morning & going to work.

Anyway, I digress. The lights on my truck only have the halo's on the projectors. The ones I want have halo's on both high & low beams. The high beams have the semi circlular halo's.

Also, mine have a sticker on saying not to use with HID's. So I'm contemplating a purchase sometime soon.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

yeah, if you decide to buy another set of projectors off of ebay, I would contact the seller and ask if you can use HID's. I'm sure if you stuck to 35W HID's though you'd be fine. If you plan on changing though, you could always try a set in the current ones unless you want to sell them.