General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Tech II Code Reader

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 02:29 AM
johnnylovsey is on a distinguished road
Default The tech ii

Ok Les I read a Post from you somewhere else not in my posts but it was about the BCM and you not wanting me to argue with you I am truly sorry If that's the way you feel because I respect you and all you have taught me and I have said before you remind me of a instructor I had in the late 70 Automotive tech he like you as well used to say RTFB and after that if you still don't understand I will teach you.And yes I have connected to the BCM just haven't found the correct one for my Blazer but I will. and as for the TCCM I don't know for sure but with these manuals and some time if its passable I will connect.And like you said I do think I locked the torque converter and then put the car gear, and believe me I was surprised when the engine stalled but I learned something.Don't forget 10-78 Edac has the same tech II and got it on the same site I got mine.If your wondering if it can do things that I haven't proved to you yet maybe he would bring it yo work and you could try an experiment or two yourself before buying one yourself because I am sure after trying it you as well will have to have one there great I just read in the instructions I didn't think I received with it that it will do a service bay test for me on the evap purge and the vent so I can smoke it with my custom made Evap smoker while closing the vent valve and opening the purge valve from the tech II.To find the small leak the tech II says my evap has but is to small to set a code or turn on the MIL.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 03-03-2016 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Default Tech II code scanner

I told you eventually I would find it but the thanks goes to you Les Again thank you for all your answers and help rely do appreciate it.
Chevrolet S-10 Blazer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_S-10_Blazer
Wikipedia
The Chevrolet Blazer (4WD model T-10) and the similar GMC S-15 Jimmy ... In the United States retail sales after 2004 were limited to two-door Blazer models, all other models being sold until April 20, 2005. ... Platform · GM GMT330 platform.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Default Tech II scanner

All rite Les got into the transfer case as you wanted me to but it wouldn't except any commands.Went through the normal set up vehicle year type power train then from there I was able to get to the transfer case choices it had one speed two speed and electronic shift such as mine is.when I chose mine it didn't give me any choices other then codes and removal but when I chose 1 or 2 speed it gave the normal code and removal but it had one more thing in the menu it was called ATC don't know yet what it stands for but when you entered 1 or 2 speed then ATC it gave all the choices you were talking about control the shift 2 high 4 high 4 low and lock axle and a few more things but every time tried to enter a command it would say data link must be disconnected or key was off but neither was true.It just wouldn't let you make any commands.then I tried the bay test for the evap system and it activated the vent valve and said not venting also same time activated the purge valve and gave you choice of 10%20% on up and you could here it clicking open and closed so smoking will be easier then having to get under the car and plug the vent valve and remove the purge to supply the manifold with vacuum or just leave the purge alone and hook up some were else but you wouldn't be able to see if it were the purge or its connections that were leaking.So anyways I tried when I made connection to the TCCM or just the menu for it.I got a ides have 10-78 edac bring his in so you guys can experiment with Blazers,or better yet have Blazer .com buy one so you can use to further your knowledge of Blazers if that's at all possible.At all then you could test the ATC function and see if maybe on a different car its able to be controlled like you had hoped for.Oh yea the platform number is supposed to be T but that only had like three choices of what it controlled on output control's.but on L or M there were like 16 choices and it controlled all of them. Thats all for now got you all caught up.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 03-04-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:51 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

OK thanks for looking!

Old 03-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Default The Tech II

Seems to work rely well I have tested all sort of things to find out what it will and won't do.The platform number even though it should be T for four wheel drive even seen it in my manual.Isn't on the tool L & M both start out working but eventually M says you may have chose the incorrect vehicle and when you click ok it says can't hook up with On Star some thing my car don't have anyway.So its L works on 16 sensors Modules and switches.It will set the chime to three choices turn off and on the interior lights lock and unlock the doors tell you if the e brake is on or off if the key is in the ignition and what its set to many more choices but it says it can turn on the day runners and the head lights and it makes something click by the head light switch but don't turn on any thing. it lets you know if a door is open if the brake is applied.Oh yea the most important thing at the moment it does a purge and plug so I can smoke my evap without having to manually plug anything.Oh one more thing it came with a 100 MB stick so after you record issues with the vehicle you can hook up the tool to your commuter and download the info to the stick for analyses later or to show a mechanic if needed.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 03-10-2016 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Default Evap Smokin

Les got a question for ya.The tool has a bay test for the evap system it activates the vent valve that stops smoke from leaking out and it activates the purge and gives you the choice of settings 10% 20% and on when the engine isn't running.You can here it clicking so its working but what % should I set to 10-20 or more. Just enough to let the smoker fill the evap system with smoke so I can find the small leak it says it has.Might even be at the purge connect that's why I want to test this way test everything in evap system.Les I have looked in the manual and it speaks of the EONV test but it don't tell me anything in the evap test procedures of what % to set the evap to so I can smoke the whole system and my paint can smoker has a propane regulator on it as to not over pressure the evap system.Les wont you please give me your idea,s on the bay test and smoking the whole system to find the leak to small to set a code or MIL.Just let me know this is how you would do it.Isn't it and what % would you set the purge to during the test.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 03-11-2016 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:54 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

I don't have a tech2 or any experience with the settings you are referring to, but I did find the following article which gives instructions for "GM Enhanced EVAP Testing Using the Tech 2 (Functional Test)". It is midway down in the article. Step 3 suggests 30% duty cycle on the purge valve. This must be what you are talking about. Also this article seems to be a good one at the beginning in explaining the EVAP monitor you have been fighting for a long time - it has to pass 4 separate tests in sequence and it lists the codes that are set if a particular one is failed.

If you can successfully command the duty cycle on your vehicle's purge valve, then I'm going to go ahead and buy one of these Tech2 clones to play with. Let me know.

Do you have the ability to set the platform to GMT300? T may be a different vehicle than we are thinking.

Pulling Codes: The Story of Code P0446 - Diagnostic News

Last edited by LesMyer; 03-11-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Default Tech II

Yes Les It allows you to control the purge and the vent on outputs under the L platform for my vehicle.It sometimes works for a short time on M platform but when requesting outputs it sometimes would say you imputed the wrong vehicle then it would say cant connect with on star that I don;t have any ways on my vehicle.But even though the platform letter isn't T for four wheel drive it works totally on platform L. I went through each one and found that one to operate for my vehicle gives me control of 16 outputs and it also has a service Bay Test that turns on the vent valve so smoke cant escape and it turns on the purge valve and gives you a choice on the % it opens per minute and you can here it clicking quickly like what is it pulse width modulation any ways that's what I was asking what % should I set it to so I can add a good amount of smoke this smoker really puts it out or should I just command them both on with the output control fill the evap with smoke then close the purge only so the smoke don't escape out the vent valve.Dose it hurt the purge valve to be commanded on 12 volts for five minutes.If not don't even need to use the Bay Test the only thing is that on the bay test the purge valve is operating the way it does in the car opening and closing so many times per minute.So Les If it were you with your car would you set the purge to 10% 20% or what to smoke it only makes sense to control the purge the same way that its done by the OBD II and not on continues it may burn out the valve on continues.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 03-11-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Default Tech II Scanner

Al rite Les if your going to get one get it on this site you can use Paypal to protect your perches and if for any reason you are not happy with your perches Paypal will get you reimbursed have used them to get money back many times when the product wasn't what was expected.
China OBD Tech II diagnostic online supplier
I think the whole thing all connectors Candi Adaptor chargers every thing you need to get started for $319.00 Les when I edit this post it shows the correct site not the google site mabe if I input it without pasting www.chinacardiag.com that's better.
One more thing you might be interested if you haven't already seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogxTadwPxjw#t=23.301 Check it out the Tech gives a good comparison of both Tech II the clone and the original.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 03-11-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Default The Tech II Scanner

All rite Les made it to my parents today got to test my new paint-can smoker works great and tested the Tech II Service bay test couldn't ask for better operation,s went through the set up year type vehicle light duty truck SUV power train 4.3 liter Data then special menu then evap im then three choices from there control the purge or the vent.Or purge and seal the bay test seals the vent and sets the purge on at what ever % on you want to set it to I set it to 50%.And it works great went from the front to the rear lowered the spare tire to get good look at vent valve nothing was leaking or at least I couldn't find the small leak that don't set a code and lets the evap complete its run cycle. Then with the tech II I commanded the vent open and man o man did the smoke come out of the open vent.So Les what is a good dye able to be run through the evap system because the paint can smoker has a pro-pain regulator that only allows about a pound maybe less of pressure but enough to push the dye through to the leak so I can find the leak.I looked every were the connections at the canister the three connections at the gas tank followed the line up to back of engine also took good look at the purge line the reed valve connection and the vent really well while was at it checked my brake pads looked really good and then did a lube on the front end.So again know of a good dye that is ok for use in the evap lines.I have one of those Gerber hand held lights for special op,s it has a red green and blue lenses if a dye will respond to any of those colors.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 03-12-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Tech II Code Reader